Whats the best guitar effect?

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@acopfender)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

i like different kind of wah's

i play a fender telecaster and i need to know about effects!

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I like single cause they arent as confusing and most of the time they sound better. My setup: Squier Bullet-->Beringher Vintager AC112

Hopefully my setup by the end of the year: Fender MIM Strat with uprgraded p/u's, pots, sheilded cables, etc..---> (in no apparent order yet) Danelectro fab distortion, danelectro EQ, EH big mff pi, vox wah, some kind of amp switcher/selector(think the Voodoo Lab Amp Selector, just not as expensive)->Beringher Vintager AC112(Exellents clean with reverb tone, but crappy overdrive) and Epiphone Valve Junior(Hopefully will give me that good overdriven tube tone) 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

I have always been in favor of making the fewest connections between my guitar and amplifier as is possible. With stomp boxes you always run the risk of dead batteries , bad patch cords , noise generated by multiple patches , accidental disconnects , power supply issues and increased set-up time and the list goes on and on . I found an amp with 3-channels that allows me to have clean , rhythm and lead sounds with built in effects for each channel and have been satisfied with it . Set-up is a snap and I have fewer things to carry . This is only my opinion . You do what's best for you .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@hairballxavier)
Estimable Member

Th best effect pedal is an old MXR overdrive with an almost dead battery.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

All tube amp, equalizer, attenuator. In that order.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I dunno - I fancy the Korg multi-effects gadget...only £115, I must be able to find a way to justify getting one.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

How's about this for justification, Alan.....

"I'm a guitarist. I need it"

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

hey, what exactly is an attenuator??

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Its basically a thing that works with tube amp that allows you to get cranked tube tones tones at low volumes. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Distortion, distortion, distortion.

Followed closely by overdrive pedals and wah pedals. (What can I say? I'm a purist)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Wah, phaser, harmonizer, wah.....+the cranked tube amp......ah just give me everything. :D

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

minus the extra wah, of course :wink:

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote