- Wireless Guitar Connection -

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@il_manti)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Soooo ...

I got yet another Manowar DVD today and I was watching all the crazy stunt manouvers Joey does with the bass then...

Dad: "Hey Man... how can he do all those tricks without stumbling on the cable?"
Me: "Uhm I guess it's wired in some unu..... what the ...? Hey it's actually NOT wired"
Dad:"Wireless guitars..."
Me:"Yeah I thought i heard that somewhere before... but how do they work?"

So here's my question... how do you 'wire up' your guitar without actually using a wire? Anything to expand my knowledge would be appreciated ;)

The truth does not matter in life. What really matters is what others believe to be the truth.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It's actually pretty straight forward just like wireless headphones, wireless microphones, wireless internet connections etc. It just has a device that connects to the amp and a device that connects to the guitar with radio communications between the two.

Check em out

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

My friend uses a wireless connection when he plays live. His signature as of late is to run out into the middle of the crowd during solos. Or hook the wireless up to another guitar and have a guest guitarist sit in the back of the room and solo while walking through the crowd up to the stage.

The only problems he's had is that cell phone signals can interfere with the connection, so the band has to ask the audience to turn off their phones before the show.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote