What's the matter w...

Notifications
Clear all

What's the matter with me?

31 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I've been sick for the last 2 weeks (my gym has been like a refridgerator!) and I have struggled as well. Working on the blues (literally AND figuratively!) I felt like I was doing the same stuff over and over again...just like I did before.

I have learned that this is normal and will pass. I used to freak out all the time (as most of you know! :wink: ) but now I just set it down and come back in an hour or a day...usually not more than that. On the days I don't feel like learnng I just play what I already know. I revisited Stairway to Heaven last night. It felt good to play it again and I started learning the second part.

I have been tinkering with some blues riffs and trying to assemble them into something resembling a solo...it's not easy but it's fun. I also have been using this time to use my drum machine with strumming and timing...it's actually very relaxing while watching !

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

and buying another guitar.

Now that would be the way to go.... :D

and way to go to the wife screamin' :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

What Schecter do you own?

New pedals? Then you'll need some more connecting cords and probably some more 9v. batteries.

I just asked for a bunch of 9v's for XMas. One footswitch, one wireless guitar receiver and no memory to turn off or remove batteries while not playing. :oops:

Gryphon. My daughter gets her choice of the schecter and the kelly so I will be loosing one of them in a few weeks.

I want a new Chorus, blues driver or a tube screemer pedal.

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Sid,

I know exactly where you're coming from right now :cry: . I'm in the same situation, I just cant be bothered learning the lessons that my teacher gives me cos Id rather play my own songs. But I'm not going to learn much if I don't practice his lessons. Ha ! I cant even motivate myself to write any songs at the moment, so I've taken Dogbites advice and bought a new guitar. Ive also gone back to relearn some of dhodge's lessons (BTW thanks David) to get that feeling of achievement back. I guess it's just playing some mind games with myself and a bit of patience.

Heres hoping anyway
cheers
pbee

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I've been sick for the last 2 weeks (my gym has been like a refridgerator!) and I have struggled as well. Working on the blues (literally AND figuratively!) I felt like I was doing the same stuff over and over again...just like I did before.

I have learned that this is normal and will pass. I used to freak out all the time (as most of you know! :wink: ) but now I just set it down and come back in an hour or a day...usually not more than that. On the days I don't feel like learnng I just play what I already know. I revisited Stairway to Heaven last night. It felt good to play it again and I started learning the second part.

I have been tinkering with some blues riffs and trying to assemble them into something resembling a solo...it's not easy but it's fun. I also have been using this time to use my drum machine with strumming and timing...it's actually very relaxing while watching !

I'm glad to have good friends here that understand. Way to go Mike, I wish I lived closer to all of you, I think I would do better if I had someone to jam with, my youngest won't even practice.

Years ago I had about 4 guys I could jam with, I can't find them now. Man I learned more with those guys in 3 months then I have in the 5 months with a teacher.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

and buying another guitar.

Now that would be the way to go.... :D

I buy what I want when I want it. She doesn't care one bit 8)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I buy what I want when I want it. She doesn't care one bit 8)

Well then maybe you should put the damn guitar down and take that woman out to dinner and dancing! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I just bought Noteboat's theory book, maybe that will help.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Trust me, Rahul, those screams aren't from buying more gear. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Ohh my.. That is just dirty pool for those of us that are "scream" challenged at this moment in our lives. Kept it as family friendly as I could. You figure it out. :lol:

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Ohh my.. That is just dirty pool for those of us that are "scream" challenged at this moment in our lives. Kept it as family friendly as I could. You figure it out. :lol:

Geoo

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sid, just have fun with it, but plan steps to take. IE, if you can't solo, try that?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

It's the blues - we all get them from time to time!!! All you can do is work and play your way through 'em, hell even write about them....just got to focus on normality, and focus on why you picked up the guitar in the first place....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

And here I thought I was the only one who goes through that! Some good advice here guys. I find that finding something that inspires you, whether it be a new song, old song, video, lesson, etc, usually breaks the cycle.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3