Clear all

Wow.....what a find.....

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@catsworth)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A friend of mine was clearing out the house of an elderly relative recently when he came across a dusty old painting and a slightly tatty guitar.

He was just going to sling them in the skip but his wife insisted that he hold on to them and take them to a local antiques dealer in case they were worth anything. Later that day he took the two items to a local antiques store and the dealer (apparently) seemed quite impressed:

"Well" he said "the good news is that you've found an original Rembrandt and an early Gibson."

"So what's the bad news?" my friend asked.

"Well.....Gibson was a lousy painter and Rembrandt didn't know one end of a guitar from the other!" replied the dealer.

:P

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

ROFLMAO!!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Rembrandt didn't know one end of a guitar from the other!" replied the dealer.
Neither did Picasso:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

A buddy of mine plays lead guitar in a 1980s cover band (One Louder).

Several years back, a neighbor stopped him on the street and said something like, "You play guitar, right? I've got an old guitar in my closet that my [young relative] left here. I'll let you have it for $25 if you'd like it."

Out comes a bass, spray-painted silver. All of it... Body, neck, fretboard...

So he hands over the money and takes the thing to a luthier who charges him a couple hundred $$ to restore the thing. Bottom line:
it was (is) a 1950s Fender Precision.

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

One of my neighbors came by and gave me an uke, i have no idea how to play it, but it is fun to mess around with.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@elgalad)
Eminent Member

I picked up a fat-strat copy for AU$90 that was totally trashed, but after $300 and some TLC, its now my main guitar, and not a bad one either :)

Use the Big Muff, Luke

ReplyQuote