Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
131 K Views
(@gjbrake)
Reputable Member

Hey!

Cool topic. No pics here I'm afraid, maybe I'll come back and post them later.

At one end:
Yamaha Pacifica 112 (HSS)
Shine SIL-510 (HH)

At the other:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (Limited Edition - Tweed cover, Jensen Speaker)
Fender Squier 15G

In between:
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
Korg Toneworks AX1000G

and frankly, it's all good! Although a Boss TU-2 Stage Tuner would make my life a lot easier...

Listen Louder Than You Play

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

some guitars
some amps
some effects

It ain't the gear it's the fingers on the strings ...

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

some guitars
some amps
some effects

Just some curious guys. Of course your gear doesn't determine who you are or anything, we just want to know.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Click here

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

Not sure if I've posted in this thread, but there are new additions :)

Guitars:

Martin DX1 - The love of my life
Fender DG20ce
Ibanez GRX70DX
Kimberly Violin Bass

Effects:

Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Digitech X-series Envelope Filter
MXR Phase 90
Boss DS-1

Amps:

Ibanez Toneblaster 25R
Ibanez Troubadour 25

I'm looking into a new amp...perhaps the Vox AD30VT. Or maybe a low-wattage all tube amp. We'll see.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

I'm just starting out but here is what I have:

Ibanez AEG10EBK
Crate CA15 Cimmaron

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

some guitars
some amps
some effects

Just some curious guys. Of course your gear doesn't determine who you are or anything, we just want to know.

I know .. i'm always leary of topics like this though . . . too easy for folks to fall in the trap of "if I buy x i'll sound just as good as y"

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Guitars:
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry
Jay Turser Les Paul
Hagstrom HIIN (Being fixed between me and a tech)

Amps:
Fender Princeton Chorus
Traynor Guitar Mate 20 (dosen't get used)

Effects:
Behringer V-amp

*Also have some harmonics and an acoustic soundhole pickup, that I can not remember the name of.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

epiphone black beauty lp, gold hardware, 3 humbuckers
telerude acoustic
crate xt 120r, 120 watt amp

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Yesterday I got my first electric, a Fender standard Strat with a 15 watt VOX Valvetronics amp. The finish on it is midnight wine. I was sorta surprised at how good it looks. It's really a dark cherry red and it shifts from almost black to a brighter red depending on how the light hits it, very cool. It was the only standard in the shop that didn't sound dead unplugged, and I'm very happy with the way it sounds.

Crappy webcam, I know, but it gives you an idea.

I've also got a yamaha FD-01 acoustic that I got in a starter pack.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Woah, congrats! Nice Strat! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

American Deluxe Tele FMT
Standard Strat
Squier Black and Crome Standard Tele
Squier Blonde Standard Fat Tele
Squier Tele Custom II
Tacoma JF2812 12-String
Samick Greg Bennett Model Acoustic/ with Markley soundhoe pickup
Austin Acoustic/Electric

Kustom 30 watt
Peavey Special 212
Fender Princeton Chorus

Dunlop cry baby
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech rp100a

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Congrats, Metaellihead! That's awesome to see you getting going with the electric... So much fun they should be illegal, but I'm really really glad they aren't.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Whoops! While I was in here I should have added that after months of saving and researching (which is why I haven't been here much in the last little while...) I finally got my little home studio together, and I'm starting to get the hang of everything. I've had all the components for about 4 days now, so I'm still new to the experience, but things are coming together. I'll post pics in a thread I start later so I can brag about my nifty gear! Also, you can expect to see me popping up in the Hear Here section and hopefully participating in some jams! Whee!!!!

So here's the list:

Miscellaneous Computer, HP, Athlon 64, 3300, 512, 160 etc.
Presonus Firepod
Alesis monitors
MXL mics: 990 and 993
Stands, cables and enough miscellaneous junk to fill up a corner....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I was in the mood for taking pics earlier, so I photographed almost all of my equipment....took six pictures!!!!

That's going to use a lot of space, so I'll just post the URL's with a little info on each.....

1 - Acoustics....left to right, Avalanche 12-string, Yamaha FX-340 TBS and Encore EA-255

2 - Electrics.....left to right, Freshman Bass, Squier Stratocaster, Squier Custom Telecaster

3 - Amps....left to right, Fender Frontman 15G (came as part of the Squier Strat package), Roland Cube 30 Bass amp, Roland Cube 15

4 - Essentials ....not all of this goes everywhere, but in shot are...pad and pencil, lots of D'Addario 9's (use them for electrics and acoustics, as both 6-string acoustis have wired bridges), Rotosound Bass Strings, D'Aquisto ultra-lights for 12string, 4 tuners (2 Korgs, Quik Tune and one the name's worn off...all of them are ok for Electric, acoustic and bass), string winders, 2 capos - Dunlop trigger and Shubb, swiss army knife, plecs, 3 blues harps, 3 slides - glass, brass and chrome, spare batteries for tuners, pitch-pipes, jack plug adaptors, tremolo arm for Squier Strat, spare strap, soft cloth for wiping strings, spare bridge pins, various allen keys, and a spare lead for tuner. (Anyone got any more must-haves?)

5 - Mixer - Tascam (8-track) 01FX Portastudio (also in shot, Shure Microphone, some leads and Computer)

and number 6 I will post here, because without this everything else would just be expensive paperweights instead of useful equipment....

there are two more guitars...an old hondo acoustic held together with gaffertape, and a 3/4 size nylon strung acoustic I bought for my grand-daughter, but they're up in the attic....and a few soft guitar cases and a hard case....but I've covered almost everything.....apart from the Epiphone Les Paul I'm going to try out on tuesday....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 75