1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.9 K Views
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

-Fender Standard Stratocaster
-Marshall MG 15DFX

It's all that I have but I'm happy with it, currently saving money for an epi elite paul, epi elite 333 dot, or epi g-400 custom

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Martin DM
Fender Champ 12
Johnson J-station
Cry Baby Wah

When you start playing later in life, you quickly come to the realization that rock 'n roll stardom is pretty much out of the question. OTOH, it's more likely that you can afford things you would only have dreamed about at a younger age. Everything's a trade-off.

Also, I haven't been at this very long, but I've already figured out that you can never have too many guitars or toomuch equipment!

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey SteveS, hows that Jstation? I've been looking for a interface/amp simulator, and I've been trying out the POD, looking at the M-audio blackbox too.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Kind of a off set question for me I'd have to take inventory. over the years I've accumulated some much equipment it's hard to really keep track anymore. The list changes day to day. cause there's always something I can plug my guitar into that I haven't yet.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

Ibanez GSA60
Peavey Rage 158 Amp
Pretty average Walden 6 string acoustic.

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Ibanez '91 RG550
Ibanez PF60 western
Dean Avalanche Zone H
Yamaha G55, from the early 70s or so
Boss GX700 19" multi-effect
Behringer V-amp2 amp modeler
Behringer GMX212 amplifier
Vox AD30VT Amplifier
George Dennis Volume/Wah pedal

Thats about it.

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

For the price, the J Station is great. I think you can grab them used on eBay for under $150. A new Pod will set you back much more than that. I use a lot of the basic, preprogrammed stuff (just 'cause I'm lazy and I like the basic blackface and blues settings), but you can really take control of it with the J-Edit computer interface. The downside is that Johnson no longer supports the J-Station, but that doesn't really bother me.

Edit: just checked eBay - you can probably get one for $100 or less - can't go wrong at that price.

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@taintedreality)
Eminent Member

Squier Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider II 112
Yamaha FG-150 acoustic (so many years older than me, but the tone is so rich.)

Saving up for either a Schecter C-1 Artist or a C-1 Hellraiser.

Eventually a different amp, but I'm satisfied with my Spider II.

- reality

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey SteveS, are you sure they dont support the J-station? http://www.johnson-amp.com/jstation.htm

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Current list:

Washburn D34 Acoustic - Tobacco Sunburst
Dean Hardtail Electric
Peavey Classic 30 Amp

BS

ReplyQuote
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member

Samick Av-1($270 CDN and after a little bit of work by me, it plays awesome. )

Marshall 8040 Valvestate(Not the greatest but got it cheap used so i 'm not complaining.)

Digitech rp50 - Cheapest mfx pedal i could find fun to play with.

Art & Luthrie Wild Cherry Cutaway(Best cheap campfire guitar ever Under $250 CDN)

Peavy Complete Microphone package. $70 with boom stand, case etc. For home recordings it works awesome.

M-Audio Fast Track - Guitar interface is a little quiet, but I mic my amp most of the time and the mic input works nicely.

Calkwalk Sonar for recording. I used to use audacity, but I can get way better recording using sonar.

Thats all, I might buy a new acoustic someday but for now I'm pretty happy.

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

yoyo - That site hasn't changed in three years - the software update is just as old. There is a user forum where you can get support, but I don't believe they are actively making and marketing this product anymore so they're not supporting it. The good news - at least for me :wink: - is that I've not needed their support. Like I said, I don't do anything fancy.

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Today I bought a new amp -- Crate GT212 -- 120 watts and two 12" speakers. I'm having fun today....

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Congrats Musenfreund! Right now, in terms of amps, I'm looking for a small tube amp, and fender is pointing in the right direction, but has anyone tried the Crate all Class A 5 watter?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

Current gear:

Yamaha FG-04 Limited acoustic (with a slight modification to make it acoustic/electric)
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus (with added chrome pickup covers and newly wax-potted pickups)
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster (currently unmodified, but I'm sure I'll find something to do to it :lol: )
Crate MX10 amp (nice little amp for what it is, but looking to replace it)
Danelectro "Honeytone" portable battery-powered amp (save your money, it sounds like crap.)
Boss DS-1 distortion pedal
Danelectro "Hash Browns" flanger
Digitech RP50 multieffects pedal

Stuff I've had and subsequently released back into the wild over the last year:

Squier Bullet - first guitar I bought, played it for a short while and decided I didn't like it. It's on semi-permanent loan to a friend.
Yamaha Pacifica 112 - nice guitar, but developed an electronics problem not too long after I bought it. While figuring out how to fix it, I got restless and bought an...
Ibanez GAX70 - loved this guitar, but pretty much stopped playing it after I bought the LP. Ended up trading it in on the Strat. (the Yamaha eventually got fixed and is on permanent vacation at another friend's house.)
Epiphne DS-100 acoustic - also a great little guitar, but after the upgrade to the Yamaha acoustic, this one became part of Scratchmonkey's inventory.

Good thing I finally figured out what I like for guitars...don't think the wife is gonna let me buy another one anytime soon. :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 75