Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.9 K Views
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Oh my gosh, TR, I owe you an apology. :oops: I believe they are Seymour Duncans, does that sound more like it? I've been calling them P90s, but I just had a flashback or something, and I think they are Seymour Duncans. My bad, my very bad. You won't tell anybody about this, will you?! :roll: :lol:
Margaret

Seymour Duncan is make (as well as the guy who founded the company), not a model. SD produces hummers, P90s, P91s, singles, stacked singles ... pretty much everything. But don't worry. At the rate you are going, you'll own a P90 guitar some day. Happens to most of us.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Oh my gosh, TR, I owe you an apology. :oops: I believe they are Seymour Duncans, does that sound more like it? I've been calling them P90s, but I just had a flashback or something, and I think they are Seymour Duncans. My bad, my very bad. You won't tell anybody about this, will you?! :roll: :lol:
Margaret

Seymour Duncan is make (as well as the guy who founded the company), not a model. SD produces hummers, P90s, P91s, singles, stacked singles ... pretty much everything. But don't worry. At the rate you are going, you'll own a P90 guitar some day. Happens to most of us.
Thanks, Greg. I know Seymour Duncan is a brand, not a model--I should have been more specific in my statement. I don't recall right now what type of Seymour Duncans the PUs are, although I knew at the time I bought the guitar. My point was that TR is correct that my Hamer does not have the factory P90s in it.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

In the end, Margaret ---> it doesn't matter. Apparently you like they way the guitar sounds, so whether they are humbuckers, P90s, or whatever, they still sound good!

I happen to own guitars with all different kinds of pickups. Each one is a little different. Here is a little information on pickups (also check out the links to descriptions of different pickups at the bottom of the link):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_(music)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sheeesh, between rocker and margaret, I'm not going to have any assets left.

The home you say? NO WAY!!! :D

A road trip would be good. Maybe we could get all the midwesterners from Ohio to Nebraska and Minnesota to Texas, to converge in the Quad Cities when rocker is here.

Rocker, start a thread about this and let's see if we can get any interest.

In the meantime, margaret, you'd better get practicing your shifting as I have a 5 speed manual tranny in the Stang. :wink: Oh and it too has dual exhaust...only mine work. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Sheeesh, between rocker and margaret, I'm not going to have any assets left.

The home you say? NO WAY!!! :D

A road trip would be good. Maybe we could get all the midwesterners from Ohio to Nebraska and Minnesota to Texas, to converge in the Quad Cities when rocker is here.

Rocker, start a thread about this and let's see if we can get any interest.

In the meantime, margaret, you'd better get practicing your shifting as I have a 5 speed manual tranny in the Stang. :wink: Oh and it too has dual exhaust...only mine work. :wink:

looking for a drum kit here ... :wink:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

looking for a drum kit here ... :wink:
That's what I was going for next, too. I'm sure Bish has several of those sitting around. :D

BTW, a Midwest GN conflab would be very cool, too.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Fine, let me know when you all show up and you can look through my drum stuff and see what you want. :?

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

bish,

don't worry, after we seize all your assets, you can come back to nashville with me :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

bish,

don't worry, after we seize all your assets, you can come back to nashville with me :D
And what will I do there? I'll have no gear. :lol:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Now doncha worry none there, Bish. Y'all be busier than a long-tailed tiger cat in a room full o' rockin' chairs down Nashville way ...

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Now doncha worry none there, Bish. Y'all be busier than a long-tailed tiger cat in a room full o' rockin' chairs down Nashville way ...

Oh no, I'm not serving burgers, anywhere. :lol:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

... but we can get you in at Cracker Barrel or the Black Eyed Pea or even Po' Folks.

(Sorry, Stuckey's is full up.)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@classico)
Estimable Member

i have an old gibson les paul deluxe model and a matrix amp. the guitar's a bit banged yp but has a great sound to it. the amp on the other end is quite crappy and i'm thinking about getting a marshall to replace it.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I would think a Marshall would make a nice replacement for any amp ...... go ahead and get one 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

nothing like a les paul through a marshal 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 75