Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.9 K Views
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Good thread, now I can show my wife that Some folks have more gear than I do :lol:

Fender Blues Jr. amp
Black Heart 5 watt half stack
Epiphone Valve Junior Head (It needs to go get fixed) :cry:
Vox tone lab ST-I use it mostly with the Blackheart
Casio WK 3000 keyboard
8 or 9 stomp boxes including a Cry Baby from Hell I got for $5 at a thrift shop :twisted:
Johnson JO 610 acoustic with a shadow single coil pup
Blueridge acoustic with a Duncan performer pup. I think the guitar was made in 1990.
M.I.J. 1989 Fender Strat.
Epiphone 335
Squier 51
Squier Standard Black and Chrome Tele
Artison lap steel
Washburn XP102 Bass.
Johnson JB-080 Banjo
A Rogue Mandolin
A Student model Dulcimer (4 string)
Tascam 424 mk III 4 track portastudio for when I have just got to go old school 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Grunge,

I'm really digging that Fender Jag! Black/chrome really looks cool!

Ditto 8)

My Youtube Page

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

smokindog, you and dogbite always have the most interesting array of instruments. Not just guiitars. Impressive collection. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Randy has some cool vintage gear. We used to call those old amps "used" You could get them for a song back in the 70's. I think I sold my Sears Twin Reverb for $25 back in 77. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My Youtube Page

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've seen tube amps put out to the curb.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

So much gear and existing comments here, that I'll just agree, commend and second that. What a candy collection. 8)

My gear now is limited to a survival package or module of pieces that I happen to have with me, away from home.

1922 Martin A-style mandolin, still new. Stored, not played. It has to be with me all the time for safe-keeping.
1952 Gibson L50 Archtop - great shape, played a little. It is my daughter's guitar, but requires my TLC as well.
New Crafter 12-String Dreadnought. Also my daughter's, but I can play it. It also needs good care and scrutiny.
Cort Earth 100 Acoustic. Just bought it. I find it is the same animal as a Tanglewood and maybe some Taylors?
Garrison A/E. Just retired due to overfiling and lowering the saddle. Easy fix, $5 new saddle working on it now.
Tacoma EM9C - USA, I say kaBOOM! Pre-Fender, all solid, LR Baggs. Packs a punch & plays lead like an electric.

Vintage Ibanez RX270 HSH with all-stock Powersounds, Fender Treble Bass Expander, maple board, "Wild Thing!"
1997 Gibson Lucille. Still a Nashville model, and aging gracefully with no signs of wear yet. Occasionally played.
1995-98 Frankenstrat, all USA Stratocaster by me. "Plum Crazy", maple board with Fat-O-Caster and Delta Tone.
Warning: Adult only, model from Girls with Guitars:
2005 Rickenbacker 370-12. Jet Glo Black, so it is not like Roger McGuinn's, but it plays like his old, original one.
2008 brand new Fender Highway One Telecaster. Pure stock with Greasebucket Tone and fat pickups, maple too.
Unknown year, another Hagstrom Super Swede, used. Like a Les Paul with long scale, nice frets, extra switching.

Roland 20X Cube with COSM effects, 2 channels and 8" speaker, closed back. Primarily used for Acoustic/Electric.
Fender GDEC 30 with all kinds of gizmos. It has a truckload of effects and backing tracks which I can not operate.
Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed 40W alltube, point-to-point, 2004 MIM, 1 pre-amp Groove Tube, lil' hot rod amp thingy. :twisted:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Posting a shot from a recent show that gives a decent look at whats becoming my preferred rig with this band:

Amp: Stock Epi Valve jr. half stack that emits a roaring five watts with a Weber Mini-Mass attenuator.

Pedals (in sequence between guitar and amp): Korg Pitch Black Tuner, Boss CS-3 compressor, Digitech Bad Monkey OD, Line 6 Tonecore Tap Temolo, Boss NS-1 noise suppressor, Ibanez AD9 analog delay.

Guitar (in order of preference): Squier Classic Vibe 50's tele, Tribute by G&L ASAT Classic, Tribute by G&L Invader XL

(link posted cuz it's a BIG picture! I'm on the far right)

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Wow, that's a nice Tele band! ASAT leaning there is a Tele too. Pretty cool stage setup, and Facebook for you also. :D

Like a bird on the wire,

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Takamine acoustic/electric and a Fender American Special Strat + Super Champ amp just purchased today!

:note1:

ps, plus Anduril and Glamdring.

Love the Takamine. Been debating on getting one for the longest time.

Also like the swords, I collect that stuff too. My sister has Anduril, two of them infact........I have Darth Vader's lightsaber, a roman gladius and am also GASsing (that the right term?) for a predator spear.

I love the black and chrome Jaguar too. Well fingerprints are an issue. They re-released the special in Sunburst and White which I want. You can never have too many Jag's, so I keep telling myself.

This will be my next purchase. Not anytime soon though. Don't have a lot of money since my hours got cut back. (Doc's orders, not bad economy or anything)

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@aragorn)
Trusted Member

Love the Takamine. Been debating on getting one for the longest time.

Thanks. That Takamine is a beautiful guitar and I was really glad I bought it.

ReplyQuote
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

I´m suffering from GAS... and I´m loving it! :D

I´ll throw in some pictures as soon as I get home from work today, but here´s the list:

Electric:
Gibson Les Paul std - Tobacco burst
Gibson SG Special - Black w/ black pick guard
Fender Stratocaster Highway One - Black w/ white pick guard

Acoustic - steel:
Furch - Durango DM40 Dreadnought - Sunburst
Tanglewood Folk Vintage Sunburst Rosewood Reserve - Vintage Sunburst

Acoustic - nylon:
Alhambra 2C

I don´t dare by another guitar or my girlfriend will kill me... she says my first love is my guitar and that she only comes in second... don´t know if I can argue with that :lol:

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Staffan, nice gear, looking forward to pics! Ande - you revived the thread. Another member posted a similar new one.

Back to this thread, I had a Strat here under the bed that I forgot to mention 'over there'. It's a 1984 - 1986 HH MIJ with a Deluxe 1985 MIA Case, added here at the point of sale. That was when Fender had all of their guitars made in Japan, because Prez. Dan Smith had closed Fullerton (sold to George Fullerton and Leo Fender for G & L and Music Man) and was getting lean & competitive with the improved new plant at Corona CA, which came onstream in 1986 with mostly leftover 1984 MIA parts. In the meantime, the story goes that the MIJ product, especially Fuji Gen Gakki blew away or exceeded all of Fender's previous quality and reputation from the U.S. The color is Pewter and there are no flaws anywhere, just glare in the black-lacquered neck and headstock. It's all stock incuding some unique electronics. It is pure Metallica! :lol:

I don't record any more (demos) but I ain't skeerd of noise. :shock: Don't like mufflers on cars or guitars. What hearing, eh?

Like a bird on the wire,

ReplyQuote
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

Just realised I don´t know how to add an image :shock:

How do you do it?

I tried drag & drop - that didn´t work. I tried drag & drop inside an "image"-tag - that didn´t work either.

Help?

AAAFNRAA
- Electric Don Quixote -

ReplyQuote
(@liontable)
Estimable Member

Also screwed up the picture. :D

ReplyQuote
(@staffan)
Estimable Member

Also screwed up the picture. :D

So, no ideas then i guess? 8)