Notifications
Clear all

A bass guitar Q:

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@illusions0f)
Topic starter  

I have an ibanez soundgear bass guitar most probably created in '00. I bought it used from Guitar Center and I didn't know what I was doing (Luckily the guy didn't screw me as far as sound and feel go; I like the guitar). I played for about a month and then put it down for two years. I picked it back up and started playing. After a month the battery died. After about a month to a month an a half, the battery died again. Provided I play 3-5 days a week, the battery will die in two weeks; otherwise, the battery dies every month. The bass uses a standard 9v battery.

Should I be getting more life out of my battery? Could it be shorting somewhere? I know little about electronics. Any help is appreciated.

My thanks in advance.

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Are you unplugging your bass (at the bass' jack) when not playing it. Most guitars with active electronics have power switches integrated with the jack and are only "on" when plugged in.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

That's probably it, not unplugging it. He should be getting way more battery life than that.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@illusions0f)
Topic starter  

I know the first time after I installed a new a battery I kept the bass unplugged after using it. I'll try a new battery tomorrow. I'll record how often it's used and remember to keep it unplugged on the bass end whenever I'm not using it.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote