Skip to content
Best way to install...

Notifications
Clear all

Best way to install Strat vintage bridge (body has no holes)

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I tried searching through the listings, but I didn't see anything that would answer my questions... I have a MM stratocaster body that I'm refinsihing and it has no holes for the bridge or pickguard (it is routed for the bridge and pickups, but the actual holes for the screws, trem posts, etc are not there).

I am installing a fender vintage bridge (6-screw holes) and I'm not sure about the placement of the screws. I can guess, but I think there must be a specific distance fromthe nut that the trem needs to sit. And what about side-to-side placement? Just center it? Any thoughts or other direction would be helpful! thansk!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

YOur best bet would be to find out what the scale lenght of the neck is, and measure it approximately.. but make sure there is room to fiddle with the intonaion. as for the trem poles, center it, but MAKE SURE ITS LINEAR ( same measurements from the nut to the saddle from both sides of the neck) or you'll have more than a few problems.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I tried searching through the listings, but I didn't see anything that would answer my questions... I have a MM stratocaster body that I'm refinsihing and it has no holes for the bridge or pickguard (it is routed for the bridge and pickups, but the actual holes for the screws, trem posts, etc are not there).

I am installing a fender vintage bridge (6-screw holes) and I'm not sure about the placement of the screws. I can guess, but I think there must be a specific distance fromthe nut that the trem needs to sit. And what about side-to-side placement? Just center it? Any thoughts or other direction would be helpful! thansk!

There is a wealth of information on doing that on http://www.projectguitar.com and a lot of people willing to help.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote