Clear all

Buzz Feiten

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jocko)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone among you had their guitar set up with the Buzz Feiten tuning system. I have been reading a lot about it and was wondering if it would be worthwhile spending the money and having a guitar converted. I have no idea how much it costs but as it has to go to a franchised repair man it won't be cheap. A Korg tuner to utilise the mods costs £50. Any input would be welcome.

45 years playing and still rubbish.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The conversion will cost you at least $250 or so I've heard. The Buzz Feiten system has a couple of slight disadvantages as an after market addition. First of all, you'll lose a small amount of your fretboard, because, in order to do it's job, the Buzz Feiten nut need to be seated closer to the bridge than a standard one, so the conversion is non-reversible. Secondly, the system is based on a calculation, which takes the string gauge into consideration, so if you change string gauge, the BFTS is no longer doing you any good.
Apparently, you can get a long way to what the BFTS does with an Earvana nut, which doesn't change the fretboard and costs around $25 + fitting.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@jocko)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info Greybeard. I will look into that.

45 years playing and still rubbish.

ReplyQuote