Clear all

Cracks

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@welshman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I purchased a new Freshman FA250D just before Christmas 2006 and by early Jan I was experiencing some set up problems. I was advised by the shop that the 13th fret was standing a little proud and that one or two other minor adjustments were necessary because I have central heating in my home and the guitar was "settling". Anyway they made the adjustments and hey - it sounded great again.

I returned home this evening to discover a crack about 4/5" long from just behind the bridge and going along the surface toward the guitar edge. As teh guitar is less than a year old the shop has a policy of repairing it or replacing. I am going to take the guitar back to the shop tomorrow - if they offer to repair should I accept or should I just ask for a replacement>

Thanks

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The repair or replace decision may be the shop's option, but regardless of what happens I'd definitely recommend investing in a humidifier for your guitar.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

cracks bother some people, not me. I do get them repaired immediately.

If it will drive you nuts to look at it, get a new one. Then again the old one is now used to the conditions in your house and will probably be stable.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

they're probably not going to offer you a new guitar but if you can get them to fix it for free that would be great. i have a crack in one of my guitars, it doesn't affect sound or playability.

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Took the guitar back to the shop and they immediately contacted Freshman. The company requested an immediate recall to examine the machine. I was told that if they find a weakness in any of the wood I will get an immediate replacement. If they stick true to their word I am totally sold both on Freshman guitars and my local store!!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

If they stick true to their word I am totally sold both on Freshman guitars and my local store!!
Yeah, that's mighty good!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just a brief update to all those who helped me. The guitar was returned to Freshman who immediately responded that I could have a replacement and my local guitar shop made sure that within 10 minutes of that phone call I could go in and collect my new guitar. I am still a little in awe of the service I received and needless to say spouting the glories of Freshman guitars and County Music in Shrewsbury. If anyone is in the market for guitar gear in the UK all I can say is give them a try - they were superb and if anyone in the shop is reading this thanks again.

ReplyQuote