Clear all

Fret buzzing

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Trag
(@trag)
Topic starter  

I just bought my first guitar. It's a slightly used Ibanez GIO GAX70-TR (It looks similar to an SG). My problem is that when I hit the strings as hard as I would to strum a chord, they make an annoying buzz. I don't think the problem involves the nut (I've delt with a similar one before). I've already tried raising the action, but it hasn't helped.

I'd appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Joel

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I just bought my first guitar. It's a slightly used Ibanez GIO GAX70-TR (It looks similar to an SG). My problem is that when I hit the strings as hard as I would to strum a chord, they make an annoying buzz. I don't think the problem involves the nut (I've delt with a similar one before). I've already tried raising the action, but it hasn't helped.

This deals primarily with acoustic guitars, but a lot of the info applies to electrics too...
http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzintro.html

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
 Trag
(@trag)
Topic starter  

It's fixed! Thanks to a suggestion from my brother, we raised the bridge itself, which got rid of the buzz.

Thanks for the help

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

How did you raise the action without raising the bridge? Does it have those funny individually adjustable saddles?

ReplyQuote
 Trag
(@trag)
Topic starter  

Yeah, it did.

ReplyQuote