Clear all

Good clean single coil

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys, just dreaming up what my future strat(Probably a 99 buck dragonfire or sx) with what my pickups are gonna be. Bridge: SD JB Jr. (For when I need a 'bucker 8)) Neck: Fender Texas Special(or any other p/u that will acheive that great SRV tone :) ) Middle: don't know yet. Got two decent low to mid overdrive p/up's(don't fancy metal that much, but if I do, the Jb will probably have to cut it) And I want a good clean pickup to do nice clean jobs and that wil blend nicely with my other two. Any suggestions(including with my other two) will be appreciated. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Custom Shop Texas Specials (all three). The mid is reverse wound to reduce/cancel hum. They are surposed to emulate SRV's pups. A.K.A. The same pups that are in the Fender's SRV Stratocaster.

I put them in my '96' Squire and found a difference. But, then again, I think one of the most important things that does effect your tone (other than your fretting hand) is your plectrum. I know your pups, amp, and effects are important but, don't over-look your plectrum.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'll take that into consideration, thanks tracker :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

BTW keep em coming people 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

bump

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm putting this in the guitar section. :?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

bump again

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

I own a fat strat texas special and I love it. It's got the texas special pu's in the neck and middle and a seymore duncan (I think it's the pearly gates model) in the bridge. They sound great to me. But yeah, your playing style and pick can definately alter the sound.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote