Notifications
Clear all

Hello

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@philcore)
Topic starter  

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it seemed the most apporpiate , i have some questions about turning my acoustic guitar into a resonator and thinking about using resonator ukuele parts perhaps? i still don't know what all i need a exactly, is a soundwell,cone and cover all i need? its a pretty cheap acoustic so i don't mind cutting a small hole in the back or enlarging the soundhole, any asvice? thanks for you time.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

People have done things like this, but it's a BIG job. Honestly, I think that if you need to ask here, you're probably not up to it. And who knows if you'll like the result when it's done? You'll probably end up with more invested in it than if you'd just bought an inexpensive reso. Last year, watching Musicians Friend's "Stupid Deal of the Day," I bought a Rogue Spider for $140. It's a really nice sounding and playable guitar!

Look around the Musical Instrument Makers' Forum for info on doing stuff like this. Or Google up keywords like "homemade resonator guitar."

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote