Clear all

Project guitar,bolt on neck.

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I recently got a guitar from my dad who picked it up from a thrift store.I've been eyeballing this guitar for a while.He bought it for five bucks.Here's the catch,the guitar didn't have tuners,saddle,strings and is a bolt on neck. It is a Epiphone model F-160.It also has a adjustable bridge and damage to the soundhole below the neck.I'm going to attempt this as a DYI project.I never attepted to do any work myself,so I'm going to count on you guys here.I can do the tuners and bridge,but might have trouble with the neck and adjusting bridge.I'll probably leave the damaged soundhole alone.Has anyone had any experience with this guitar,or ones like it?

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I can find no reference to an F-160 on the interweb-thingy, although I can find an FT-160, which I presume to be the 12-string version of the F-160.

Any chance of some pics? It may help those wanting to help you?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I wish I had pics.The body says 160,but it's a six string.Perhaps it's a crossbred? Maybe I'll try to take some pics and try to figure out how to show them on computer,since I am new to all this.All the information I looked up says that the model # is a 12 string,yet is has a six string neck and bridge.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

If it only says 160, it could be an EJ or something similar.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

If it only says 160, it could be an EJ or something similar.

It says "FT-160". That's why it threw me off.All research I've done tells me it's a 12 string,but the body and neck isn't.

ReplyQuote