Notifications
Clear all

HH IC110-S Amp Help

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ampla123)
Topic starter  

Bought a HH IC110-S amp ( ) today but cant seem to get it running. I'm pretty sure that its workin cause when i turn the switch on it lights up so i there is definately power. But when i get it plugged with my Stagg CA-15 ( http://www.ariettamusic.co.uk/staggCA15amp.html)and then through to my guitar, it doesnt seem to have any effect on the guitars sound. Now i dont no a thing about amps for this is only my first so thats why i'm on here so that hopefully someone can telll me where i'm going wrong. It may be that this is not how you use the amp atall and i'm doing it all wrong. Its not anything to do with the leads i dont think because they work perfectly when the guitar is connected directly to the Stag CA-15. So i'm not sure that what the problem is. It could be that the stagg amp isnt supposed to be used and i need a proper speaker or it could be a matter of different things. So if anyone no's how i can get my HH IC110-S up and running please leave me a comment, cheers.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Looking at the short spec for the HH amp, I would think that you'd need to connect the slave amp output to the input of the Stagg (I can't say for certain, because I don't have a description of what the "slave amp" output is designed to do). Connecting the speaker output of the HH amp to the input of the Stagg could well destroy both amps.

You would do better to connect the output directly to the speaker of the Stagg - taking care to ensure that they both have similar impedance ratings (Ohms).

But - STOP - the HH amp is 100 watts and the Stagg a piddly (in comparison) 15 watts. If you turn the HH any higher than a gnat's whisker above zero, you're going to overload the Stagg. Even connecting the speaker directly to the HH amp (and assuming the impedance of both is similar) you cannot load the Stagg speaker with anything more than 15 watts.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ampla123)
Topic starter  

So do you reccomend buying an amp with more watts for the HH IC110-S to prevent an overload?

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I'm confused.
Why are you trying to connect 2 amps to each other?

And exactly how are you trying to do this?
There are a lot of places to plug stuff in, and most of the combinations (I.E. the wrong ones) could cause permanent damage to one or both of the amps.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

As I underestand it the HH amp is a pre- & power-amp in one, giving 100W output.

There is no need to output, from the HH, into an amp - go straight to a loudspeaker. If you want to run this amp properly, get a speaker cab, that will handle a 100W amp's output.

Don't buy another amp to feed the output of the HH into, that's just a waste.

Sorry, I should have told you this to start with, I just assumed that you were using the Stagg as a stop-gap until you could get speakers.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ampla123)
Topic starter  

Ok thanks. Its just i thought that the stagg amp could act as a speaker thats all so tried it out.

ReplyQuote