Clear all

left-handed bridge help

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@g-off)
Topic starter  

hey all,

i have an epiphone sg and it's a right handed guitar, i've been flipping the strings and playing lefthanded for i dont know how long . . but i've just now heard that the bridge needs to be set to specific lengths for each string . . if anyone could help me find these measurmenst that would be awesome . . . i dont know if there's a standard for all of it and i'm just a beginner/amateur so i dont really know all the talk . . but any help would be great cuz i am totally clueless
-g

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You right restringing it left handed will make the intonation off among other things. Getting it setup right will make all the difference in the world. Having individual saddles that can be adjusted individually should allow you to get it setup right. I would also before commencing any work on your guitar first carefully and accurately measure up the action of your guitar and the the distances of the individual saddles to some reference point. Also check the height of the strings from where they sit on the saddle to the surface of the bridge. Also measure the height of the strings from the fret-board at the nut and all compare all these when your working on setting it up.

I would then adjust the individual saddles to the measurements you took getting them as close as possible to the original position, being its flipped over you'll be adjusting them "High E saddle for the Low E","B saddle for the A string","G saddle for the D string","D saddle for the G string","A saddle for the B string"," Low E saddle for the High E". Then I would string the it and make the fine adjustments to the saddles to set the intonation.

Joe

ReplyQuote