Notifications
Clear all

New builders project update w/photos

21 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Hey - any updated pictures? Looks like you've got some high-waulity components going into the axe. Can't wait to see it!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I still have to do a little soldering hopefully this weekend and a little bit of work for the tuning machines and to fashion a cover for the electronics routing in the rear.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Hey 97reb,

Before you install the neck, why not scallop that fretboard? I did this recently to my Gibson L6S knockoff, starting at the 10th fret, & it is simply amazing to play. When I get more time, I plan on doing the entire fretboard & also replacing the frets, they are worn "flat" from years of play.

It turned out very well, I plan on posting pics here when I get some free time. :)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

wow. nice work. retro fitting parts is a Herculean task. my hat off to you.
looks great.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I should have been done with the black guitar, but I am the worlds slowest at soldering and I've been busy at work.
The sunburst is taking longer cause I ran out of cash to do anything with it right now. Katmetl, I may scallop the frets on the sunburst, I'll have to see/hear how the strings sit on the board. The frets are extremely low. I may have to refret the board.

Thanks for looking and the compliments.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

The frets are extremely low. I may have to refret the board. Yep, that's what I ran into on mine - time for a fret job!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2