Notifications
Clear all

No sound out of my guitar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@termanator743)
Topic starter  

Hey guys so I recently did a ground up restoration on my strat style guitar I replaced everything and now I don't get any kind of sound out of it when I tired it out. I think the problem might be a wiring issue but I'm not sure. Is there any way I could check to see what's wrong? Any advice would be great I can add pictures of the wiring if you need it.
I also tried adding the beef up your strat tone from mylespaul. Com which you can see here: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/fender/214625-how-beef-up-your-strat-tone-simple-wiring-mod-tutorial.html
Thanks for any help!

(@handelfan)
Eminent Member

It's almost certainly a wiring issue. Unfortunately, that means it could be at any one of a dozen places, and will be hard to track down. Fortunately, other than the search for the missed connection, that's a simple and inexpensive fix. Other than the modification that you posted, did you use a wiring diagram to get the rest of the wires to the right places? I would recommend checking it again. Even go so far as to trace the path of the signal visually, and make sure it all goes where it's supposed to.

I've also found I've more than once switched the "hot" and "ground" wires on the input jack. Fairly easy mistake to make.

Other than putting a mini humbucker in the bridge position on my strat, I've never attempted to do what you're doing, so I don't know if that could have something to do with it.

I am where my mind put me.

ReplyQuote