Skip to content
nteresting buzzing ...

Notifications
Clear all

nteresting buzzing sound after attempted self repair with no prior experience.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lux7luther)
Topic starter  

I got a second-hand Vantage bass and attempted to wire in a new 1/4" jack, but ended up snapping some sort of metal that extends between the bridge and pickups through the body to the first potentiometer. I have been unsuccessful in getting rid of this buzz that only goes away when I touch the end of the 1/4" instrument cable plugged into the bass, tried soldering it with another wire to connect them but to no avail. Any advice on how to get some sort of connection between the bridge/pickups to the jack so that it doesn't buzz like this?

I figure I might as well try to learn something since it would probably cost more to pay someone to repair then buy a new bass.

not sure if this would be the right forum for this type of question but thanks in advance for reading.

- Jay :!:

(@supremesound)
Eminent Member

Sounds like you snapped the ground that grounds the whole bass. Everything needs to be connected to eliminate the buzz. All electronics are usually grounded to the bridge and thus to the strings. Try and reconnect that piece you snapped or add another one.

ReplyQuote