Skip to content
Stratocaster Middle...

Notifications
Clear all

Stratocaster Middle Pick-Up not working!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hama33)
Topic starter  

Hi all,
Recently when i was at band practice i noticed that the middle pickup on my guitar wasnt working. It was working very recently before that and it was just sitting in my room so i dont know what could have caused it, maybe a bang on the way to practice (it was in the boot in the fender case)..
The bridge pickup works fine. When i select bridge and middle i can only hear bridge. *Just middle selected is silent*. Middle and bridge i can only hear bridge and when bridge is selected i can hear bridge fine.

Ill probably bring it to a guitar repairman soon but does anyone have an idea what the problem is before i do?

Thanks alot!!

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Could be dirt on the switch or a wire that's come loose.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hi all,
Recently when i was at band practice i noticed that the middle pickup on my guitar wasnt working. It was working very recently before that and it was just sitting in my room so i dont know what could have caused it, maybe a bang on the way to practice (it was in the boot in the fender case)..
The bridge pickup works fine. When i select bridge and middle i can only hear bridge. *Just middle selected is silent*. Middle and bridge i can only hear bridge and when bridge is selected i can hear bridge fine.

Ill probably bring it to a guitar repairman soon but does anyone have an idea what the problem is before i do?

Thanks alot!!

In order of probability
bad switch
loose wire
bad pickup

If you have basic soldering skills, you can buy a pre-wired pickguard from Guitar Fetish or somewhere similar and just swap the whole assembly out. That way you'll upgrade the pickups, switch and pots in one fell swoop, and spend less money.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote