Notifications
Clear all

Stringing Kluson tuners

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@buspainter2005)
Topic starter  

Okay, so I've thrown some Gibson Deluxe kluson style tuners on my LP copy. It has this locking mechanism in it and i;m getting really messed up results out of my stringing attempts. I don't even know where to begin with these things because i keep messing something up. Can someone give me some step by step instructions on how to string these things or point me to a place that can tell me. I've googled this topic but haven't found anything. I might be be just really missing something obvious so any insight would be great. Thank You!

(@97reb)
Noble Member

pull the string thru the bridge up to the head. run the string past the peg it goes to and cut the string about two inches past the peg. Stick the end of the string down in the whole of the tuning peg it goes to. you should have the slot on the tuning peg parallel to the nut. bend the string over so it is coming out of the slot and start winding the tuner to tighten the string. keep a finger pressed down over the slot so the string does not come out. don't overlap the string down the peg, but layer it. when it starts to get near tuned stop and go to the next string. continue till they are all done. go back, stretch em out and tune em up.

hope that helps.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@buspainter2005)
Topic starter  

Well, I think I did all that, but a few questions. Is there supposed to be a hole at the top of the peg that it goes down into or did you mean down the whole relative to the neck? also, when i put the string throuogh the whole and try to tune it up, once there is an amount of thension on the headstock, the peg won't turn. The knob will turn, but it looks like something is slipping. Any insight on this?

ReplyQuote
(@buspainter2005)
Topic starter  

Nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks for your help!

ReplyQuote