Clear all

Where do you store your guitar?

37 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
11.1 K Views
(@marissa)
Topic starter  

Where do you guys store your guitar? In a case or on a stand or what? Just curious  ;D

Marissa

(@jalma)
Eminent Member

I keep mine in a case always when not playing. It is too easy to accidently bump your guitar and aquire a dent leaving it out when not in use. I don't particularly like a stand except when i am in a session and need to take a break.Another thing i keep a soft cloth in my case and after each session i wipe down the fretboard, strings and the bridge. I finger pick and sometimes rest my palm on the bridge, it is suprising how much dirt  and oil you can get on the strings and the finish of your guitar. My favorite reason i don't keep my guitar on a stand is that once when some other players were over one of them picked up my guitar and started whanging away at it,that taught me a lesson not to leave it out if i wasn't using it.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

It depends on which ones. The ones I use most are leaned fretboard first against the wall or amps. I'm not particularly fond of guitar stands, some are very easily tipped over.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@davec)
Trusted Member

I store one on a stand and the other in a case, i'd probably put both on a stand but i don't really have enough room to have them both out like that.

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Mine is kept on a stand right next to my desk so it's within easy reach when I'm home.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have a spare room now so I keep them on stands. They are out of the way so I don't have to worry about knocking them over.

I just got a new hard case for my electric and am now working on getting one for the acoustic. Any case is a must for transporting.

ReplyQuote
(@spider61)

:)  Some of my guitars are on stands some are in cases.
and some are just in gig bags . I have a few triple stand that I keep in the studio. easy to get at if. I'm looking for a different sound . ie  les paul, to a strat. semi to hard bodies.  8)

just one gold record away from retriment..

ReplyQuote
(@jbehar)
Trusted Member

I alternate between stand and case.

If I know I'm going to be playing on and off during the day, which is usually the case on weekeknds the guitar stays out on the stand, if its not going to be played for more than a few hours it goes in the case, especially in the winter when humidity control is an issue.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Mine is in a HARDSHELL case less than 1 foot to the left of my computer. I do have a 5 year old and a 1 1/2 year old that has been going through his terriable 2 stages sense he was born. So if your in any position like me YOU'LL do the same. But as sone as i get enough space i WILL have my own room that is off limits to EVERYONE! Untill then i'll use every precaution i can. HEY you're the one that brought up the touchy subject. "HEY! DON'T TOUCH THAT, THAT'S DADDY'S!!! Sorry that brought back flash backs!

ReplyQuote
(@david_mohn)
Trusted Member

On the wall.  They look great, and they're quick to get to.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Good idea David_Mohn i do like the look at the stores and their out of reach from the youngins'.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You guys put yours down?

Huh...that will make taking a shower easier.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Hey you gotta work and go on this site other than that it's the youngins' that need tendin' to. Speaking of i need to take a shower now. Be back in ten. YEAH YEAH YEAH take your time i know but i WILL be back! LOL!

ReplyQuote
(@david_mohn)
Trusted Member

this is my geetars on the wall.  Wall hangers are great, just not very portable.  

It's a terrible picture, but you can kinda get the sense of it.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I keep mine on stands. I'm always picking them up & putting them down, so it's just easier. My kids are older, so I don't have to worry about them. If you have younger kids, lock 'em up real tight! (The guitars, not the kids!)  ;)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3