Clear all

Where do you store your guitar?

37 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
11.1 K Views
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Great links Musenfreund, Good reading. I just do things out of habit and haven't till lately been thinking about things I do or the reason why I do things a certain why.

Thanks for the links

Joe

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

i actually just got my new guitar. (gibson les paul..premium plus) so i take it out of the case in the morning, and put it back in at night, or if im leaving the house.

Other than that, I do a lot of picking up putting down, so i have a very cushiony chair, and I lean the guitar fretboard first against the back of the chair (joe's tip.hha)

Tru..

Taso

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@srv-fan68)
Eminent Member

The strat is always on it's stand.  My acoustic is on the stand when I am at home and in it's case with the humidifier when I am away or sleeping for the night.

As for the kids, instead of worrying about them touching my guitars, I picked up a decent little 3/4 size acoustic and let them bang away on that to their hearts content.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well, I like the idea of hanging the guitars and the plexi-glass case thing Tracker was describing sounds really good.  That way , you could do some sort of humidifier in it for acoustics also.  Currently, my 1 bass stays in it's hardshell case cause I am travelling with it frequently.  My two six strings (Fender Toronado and Gibson V) guitars are on sturdy stands.  I would love to have more room and more instruments.  Both will happen!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

My guitars are in their cases, my accoustic, because it goes everywhere with me and i am constantly on the move, and my electrics because one needs to be fixed, and the other one needs to be picked up at the fixing place, but the guy who owns and runs it is taking a vacation or something.... I like the idea of the guitars hanging on the wall... ill have to invent something to do that with soon... im too cheap to go buy a wall stand or whatever.;D

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I have a few hung on the walls with brackets that are used for hanging garden tools. Their really inexpensive and are rubber coated. I hang them on the wall by their body and not by their neck.

I figure their family and I know I would like being hung by the neck.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Ha - that was a joke. ;D ;D ;D

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3