Skip to content
wiring problem, Ple...

Notifications
Clear all

wiring problem, Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rockboy_155)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ok, I have a epiphone L.P. 100. I love this guitar it was fairly cheap and it
sounds really good. But after taking the input cable into and out. The nut on the input hole where the cable goes kept coming loose, so i would twist it back. After several days of doing this it stoped working. I took off the plate that covers the input hole, and the wires conected to the input hole had came off. It looked like it had been saudered. I took my guitar to a friend who re-saudered it. It looked back to normal, i took it back home to try it, my guitar works but now it has a horable buzz, i have no idea what to do. I took the input plate off my other guitar to see why my les paul wasnt working. Then the wiring came loose on my other guitar!!!!!!!
Is there anything i can do or should i take it to a specalist????!!!!!!!!!!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- "the whole world is a gimmic"

Rockboy_155

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

It sounds like the wires are either reversed or one is touching the other. The buzz is because you are picking up the extras that are sent to the ground circuit.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Here's a list of Universal & Custom Wiring Diagrams

Look through them and find the one that best matches your setup. You may want check the soldering that was already don't. As suggested wires maybe backwards, loose, bad solder joint.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@rockboy_155)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks you were right i took it to a guitar shop only cost me $20!

- "the whole world is a gimmic"

Rockboy_155

ReplyQuote