Clear all

blues medley

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Well I finally got though this process, have a listen if you will. I will post some songs after this the lord willing

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=510935

Posted : 23/03/2006 2:40 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

BTW its tom's band real original huh :)

Posted : 23/03/2006 2:42 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Very pretty. I especially liked the chord changes.

Thanks for sharing that!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 23/03/2006 3:35 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you margaret

Posted : 23/03/2006 7:04 am
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

Sounds good to me. Look forward to hearing more. Happy posting!

Posted : 23/03/2006 11:06 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

thanks I did add one more 'angie' i'm winging these I guess would like to spend more editing in audacity but i'm new to this....anyway singing is a bit shakey and timid

Posted : 23/03/2006 7:02 pm
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I had a phone call earlier, and muted my computer. When I clicked the link to your blues medley, I unmuted it and trampled underfoot was playing with something extra that I really wasn't sure. Turns out it was you on the acoustic guitar (took a long time for me to realize exactly what was going on, thought initially maybe you have recorded over the track).

Anyways, sounds good. Angie is one of my favorite acoustic songs to play, I like how you changed the intro up a little bit.

Posted : 23/03/2006 10:05 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

thank you, i'm pleased with the medley but angie sounds bland to me. At this point I seem to be better at taking what I know and seeing what works well together, but I need to learn more to spice up my songs in the same way. Making a song sound complete is really hard

Posted : 24/03/2006 4:46 am
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I noticed the same thing when I recorded an Angie cover. I even tried it with two guitars, drums, and vocals. Still didn't sound right. I assumed it was because the lead is different pretty much every time through, there's no real pattern so it's not going to sound the same there. And filling in for Mick's vocals in that song where he's singing his heart out is a difficult task for anyone.

Maybe it just needs a piano, there might be a decent backing track for that song out there somewhere. I haven't really looked.

Posted : 24/03/2006 3:20 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

yeah mick gives that song alot of feeling. I think good vocals and I think there's 2 short solo's in between the verse's. I think it could sound nice with an acoustic if I were better at solo's and singing.

Posted : 24/03/2006 5:11 pm