Clear all

Blutic is back . . . and has a Q

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

It's good to be back on guitarnoise. I got a new job where I can't fool around on the computer all day. Plus, my band finally started gigging. Check out Lovesyc.com on the right side under windows media player you can hear some songs. We have three guitar players. What do y'all think? Overkill? or sounds good? Anyway, I'm wanting to get an acoustic guitar and I'd really appreciate if people would give me opinions on dreadnaught vs. jumbo vs. concert, etc. Thanks.

Posted : 15/07/2005 2:40 am
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I think you should post this in the "Hear Hear" section...

BTW I doesn't work for me (I'm on a Mac) :(

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 15/07/2005 2:53 am
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Anytime you get more than 2 guitars you have real problems with making the arrangement not kill the sound.

Personally, I think you need more space between the guitar parts . . . it sounds muddy to me. But that could be mixing choices as much as arrangement.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 15/07/2005 3:56 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I only heard a few seconds of music, but it sounded like something I'd want to hear more of.

You might want to ask the acoustic question separately in the players' forum. Personally, I play an acoustic-electric dreadnought and it works great for gigging (at least for the minimal gigging I do!)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 15/07/2005 12:50 pm
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Oops... Didn't see the actual question... :oops:

Drednoughts tend to be louder, and somewhat fuller. Jumbo's have (I think) increased midrange, or something like that.. Concerts are a bit smaller than jumbo's (Again, I'm not sure).... Go to the music store and play all the acoustics, below your pricerange, and try to play a few a bit above your pricerange... Play every guitar that you can find... Happy buying! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 15/07/2005 2:49 pm