(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Inspired by my crazy dog.
http://www.box.net/shared/k7skcrhcg8

Posted : 17/06/2008 6:33 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

I like it, and its really well recorded as well.

Posted : 17/06/2008 9:06 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

love your tones. you have some tasty licks. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 18/06/2008 1:16 am
(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for saying so.

Posted : 18/06/2008 8:42 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I always enjoy listening to your new songs.
I've also identified the type of music I want to be able to play on the guitar and it's the stuff you play.
Only been playing for nine months but I've downloaded your songs so that when I get a teacher I can show him/her your music and say, "That's what I want to be able to do".
I still listen to your Warlock's Waltz on my iPod. (It's between Martina McBride and Metallica - alphabetically by artist)

What kind of dog do you have? (besides crazy)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 18/06/2008 9:48 pm
(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Cool. Glad you like it. Buddy is an Australian Cattle Dog, with some Border Collie mixed in. I joke that I'm sure he's the spawn of Aussie Rastafarian dingos.

Posted : 18/06/2008 10:38 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I was wondering if you would create a SoundClick page and put your creations there.

This song would hit the top of the charts there. (for whatever that's worth)

But you really must share this, dude :shock: . . . get it out there . . . it's too good to be Box.netted up.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 06/11/2008 5:15 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Cool. Glad you like it. Buddy is an Australian Cattle Dog, with some Border Collie mixed in. I joke that I'm sure he's the spawn of Aussie Rastafarian dingos.

My dog PJ is an ACD w/ some Shepherd thrown in. Great dogs, but I wonder about PJ's mental health sometimes.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 06/11/2008 12:43 pm
(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

KenRogers, thanks. There's a Soundclick page, under my real name, Howard Elliott. Thanks for the advice. I should be better at marketing, I guess.

Posted : 08/11/2008 2:27 am
(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

My dog PJ is an ACD w/ some Shepherd thrown in. Great dogs, but I wonder about PJ's mental health sometimes.

Yeah, I get that. Buddy is a great personality, but a bit wacky sometimes. Keep hoping another year or so will bring maturity and losing some of that craziness.

Posted : 08/11/2008 2:29 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice rocking tune. Guitar tone is very cool! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/11/2008 12:04 pm
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member

very tasty! Love your tune and guitar sounds. All the tracks were nice, but the guitars tracks sounded really nice. Thanks for sharing,
dale

Posted : 08/11/2008 2:16 pm
(@mesa-monster)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Dale and Dan. I'm still learning all the tone potential from my latest GAS symptom, a Vox Tone Lab. Love the versatility it gives me, especially in clean and just slightly driven tones.

Posted : 08/11/2008 2:40 pm
(@cringe)
Estimable Member

Nice recording, excellent playing. I really like the guitar but I don't think it stands on it's own as an intrumental. Just my opinion from an overall song view but I would love to be able to play like that.

Posted : 09/11/2008 11:03 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

. . . I really like the guitar but I don't think it stands on it's own as an intrumental . . .
I'm not sure I know what that means.
Could you explain? Your ideas for what would make it better?

Posted : 10/11/2008 12:02 am