Clear all

Copperhead Road - my 1st mandolin cover

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Got my first mandolin last week for my birthday and had to learn this song. I recorded mandolin 1st, then added guitar and bass to it Thursday night. Added the vocals and mandolin solo tonight. Forgive the vocals, it's my first time singing this one and I've been out at a smoky bar all night. I also think I recorded it a little too slow.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1256531/Copperhead%20Road.mp3

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 19/08/2012 6:10 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I like it!Always a favorite of mine

The tempo seemed OK to me as I played and the "smokey bar" vocals word
well. Need a little more time on the mandolin before compare to Steve Earle
but a nice version.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 20/08/2012 2:45 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That was cool! Nice job. I always liked that song.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 21/08/2012 3:04 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'll give the music 10/10 - you NAILED it! Vocals were, as you say, a bit weak....but still, a very enjoyable listen. I hope you've kept the backing track and I hope you're going to re-record the vocals? Rock on, JW!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/08/2012 9:24 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I'll give the music 10/10 - you NAILED it! Vocals were, as you say, a bit weak....but still, a very enjoyable listen. I hope you've kept the backing track and I hope you're going to re-record the vocals? Rock on, JW!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

Thanks, Vic! Yes, I will be re-doing the vocals. My band is going to start working on it, so I'll have to learn to sing it better. I was trying to be as quiet as possible because my wife was asleep and I've learned you just can't sing well quietly.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 23/08/2012 3:02 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nice job. I liked most of the vocals aside from the spots you're already well aware of. They were convincing. I've got no problem imagining the song's scenes. Nice job on instruments as well, and special kudos to new mando playing. 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/08/2012 6:44 pm