26 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi all,

I uploaded a couple of tunes to SoundClick. They are two lessons of the book "Blues you can use". This is the url:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=701977

I tried to follow the original partiture for the lead guitar. I also play the rhythm guitar in True Blue. The drums, bass and other instruments are played by my Mac computer by means of GarageBand.

Please, hear them and tell me your comments. All kind of advices are also welcome!

I'm ready for your criticism. :)

Thanks!

Posted : 16/05/2007 10:32 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

hey, not bad Nuno.
the only thing I would suggest is to add interest in your notes
with some vibrato, and, by varying the attack of the pick.
we don't talk in a monotone, don't pick in a monotone.
I like your bends and your timing is good.
now you get the bluesman hat.
congrads on your first recording.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 16/05/2007 11:07 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Thats awesome Nuno ..

I love it well done ..

Yeah congrats on your first recording I hope we hear alot more from you now , I 'm looking forward to listening to you

Cheers

Trev..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 16/05/2007 11:15 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on your 1st recordings Nuno! 8) I agree with dogbite's comments; try to spice it up alittle more. Overall good job for a new bluesman! :wink: :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/05/2007 11:47 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thank you very much for your kind words! :D

Dogbite and Dan, I agree too. I know what are you saying on the "spicing", it is a good point to improve my playing. I think the vibrato is studied in the lesson 8 or 9. Sometimes I use it in a nonvoluntary way... I want to study the basis first.

Dogbite, thanks for the comments on bends and timing, probably I must improve them also.

Trevor, you are my manager here :lol:
Remember I am recording myself because I am following your advice! I'd need your rhythm for the rhythm guitar. My strumming sounds as an old engine...

Keep practicing, keep playing...

Thanks again! :D

Posted : 16/05/2007 12:52 pm
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

blues is played with feeling so imagine something sad [my playing is a good place for that :lol: ] but you have certainly started in the right way as we all had to...recording was nice and clear...best..smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 16/05/2007 1:55 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Nuno - Since I have the Blues You Can Use book (Like lots of other posters), I recognize these songs instantly. You have all the right notes down - great job. Now, as said in prior posts, work on the feeling of the song. A great place to get inspired is right there on the CD that comes with the book. The examples are played, IMO, with great blues feeling and timing.

You are doing just great, keep going in the book! 8)

Posted : 16/05/2007 2:48 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thank you very much Smoke and CFB! :D

And Smoke, I disagree. I was just hearing your music yesterday and... if only I could play a 100th of that... :roll:

I don't know if the backing tracks has some relation with the feeling. But, yes, I have to improve it. Now I was hearing and I perceive it as 'plain'.

Currently I'm studying the tune of the lesson 5. I'll try to put the all your advices there.

Thanks! :D

Posted : 16/05/2007 10:12 pm
(@maddmodder)
Estimable Member

Very cool recordings. I too am working on the blues. I like those backing tracks too. I might have to look into software like GarageBand.

Looking forward to more recordings from you! :D

Posted : 17/05/2007 1:07 am
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

that's very good.

Posted : 17/05/2007 10:44 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Sounds good, just add a bit more feeling.

Posted : 17/05/2007 1:54 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks! :D

Maddmodder, do you like the backing tracks? If I can get some time, I'll upload the backing tracks minus me to SoundClick during the weekend. So, if you wish you can play over them. 8)

Posted : 17/05/2007 3:10 pm
(@maddmodder)
Estimable Member

Nuno, yeah, I like them a lot. If you could, that would be awesome. :) Just send me a PM or something to let me know. Don't worry about getting them up quickly. Take as much time as you need! :) Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it! :D

Posted : 17/05/2007 7:38 pm
 tree
(@tree)
Trusted Member

Thats a nice clean recording there. Good job! I agree with adding a bit more feeling or whatever to make it a bit more expressive, but technically it sounds very good already. Looking forward to hearing more!

so many places that are hard to see
so many places that aren't
so many places we want to be
so many times we are not

Posted : 18/05/2007 8:40 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nuno, the tone is Brilliant. No noise and played right there all along.

Keep it up and looking forward to hear some B B king tunes from you now.

Posted : 18/05/2007 10:33 am
Page 1 / 2