As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 18/05/2007 10:44 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Tree and Rahul: Thank you very much! :D

Maddmodder, do you like the backing tracks? If I can get some time, I'll upload the backing tracks minus me to SoundClick during the weekend. So, if you wish you can play over them. 8)
Done! 8)

I uploaded a couple of tracks in A and an "encore" in G. I am studying a blues in G now and I made a new backing track in that scale. The link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=701977

Nuno

PS. Only the 10%? :lol:

Posted : 20/05/2007 6:36 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Nuno,

Very nice. Pretty much the same as everybody else.

I like the backing and the lead is good put could use some
"spicing up" as some have said.

My thought on the lead was it could be more fluid but
that is something that only comes with practice.

Good Job

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 21/05/2007 12:15 am
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I uploaded a couple of tracks in A and an "encore" in G. I am studying a blues in G now and I made a new backing track in that scale. The link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=701977

Nuno

Stopped by to say a big thanks for these backing tracks! I'm using the one in G for BYCU's Double Stop Stomp and the BT is a huge help. :)

Don

Posted : 10/06/2007 5:59 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Great! You are welcome! :D
I made it when I was practicing that study.

BTW, John, thank you very much for your comments. I did read them but I forgot write this note!

Posted : 10/06/2007 8:53 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Nuno, I think its great that you are out there trying as hard as you can to become a good guitarist. Your music will improve as your confidence grows.
Blues guitar is not so much about the technical side of playing its more about the way you play or the way that you feel and trying to get that over in your music.
A good exercise is to find a little lick or riff you like the sound of, just a simple little 10 or12 note long lick. Try playing it in different ways. Faster or slower, attack it hard, attack it softly.
If you had a bad day, play it / record it
If you had a good day, play it / record it
If you are sad, play it / record it
etc. etc.
Listen to what you have and you may find that you too can play with feeling :wink:

Keep it up!

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 11/06/2007 10:01 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nuno, want the cold hard truth? Note perfect ....... but no feeling. The good news is the note perfect part is the hard part. The feeling will come with time and will come easy when you learn to relax. All and all a very very good job! You played the correct notes and you played them cleanly. Your tone was good too. You are on the right track for sure.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 12/06/2007 1:28 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Rod and TR: Thank you very much for your comments and advices! You are great! :D

I'm very happy with your comments because I understand them. I mean, sometimes you receive advices but you don't know what are they saying. In this case, I completely agree, my music sounds "plain", without feeling. I'm trying to improve it. For this reason I like very much the exercise proposed by Rodders: the same components but with different feeling!

And I agree I have to learn to relax. The main problem is I think a lot while I'm playing, I don't hear the music. I'm constantly thinking on the notes, the tempo, bendings, slidings, etc. I'm worried by all the "technical" components but not by the "simple" ones. I have to guide the music from the heart to the fingers by passing my brain.

Last week I shown the music to a friend. He has official studies on music (piano and conducting, in fact he currently conducts a small orchestra, over 25 instruments). He told me the same and he used something that his teacher told him when he started: you can not be mechanic and musician.

Thank you very much! :D

Posted : 12/06/2007 4:00 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I know where your coming from on this Nuno. When I first started to play to backing tracks I had a really hard time concentrating on listening to the track and playing something different, so much so that I would get a quarter of the way through a piece and then everything would go pear-shaped. But with time and practice you learn to feel the music and not really listen to it.
I tend to just listen to the drums nowadays and all the other instruments pale into the background and don't put me off.
So I guess its the same old story, practice, practice, practise.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 12/06/2007 5:27 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hey, Nuno.

Good chops!!

Nice tone, too.

Keep it up!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 12/06/2007 7:12 pm