Clear all

soundclick

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@cobra22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I wan't to upload a few of my songs to soundclick, but I am not certain what to do. In the song upload page, in the copywright field. What kind of info do they want in there. I wrote the song and all, so do I just pu my name, the date? Any help would be great.

I am addicted to the guitar, just like I am addicted to air and water.

Posted : 18/06/2006 2:27 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

You can put your name, but either way its copy right protected when you registered. Any cover song you do just put in the cover song genre

Posted : 18/06/2006 5:01 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

i just answer yes in that box, spose that has same effect [or does it?]

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 19/06/2006 6:31 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

here this is what it says :

Can I upload a song with samples or a master recording that I do not own?
SoundClick does not permit copyrighted audio samples to be uploaded without prior written permission from the copyright holder(s). Tracks determined by SoundClick to be "pirated" recordings will be deleted immediately and the artist page will be subject to permanent deletion.

Can I upload a cover song?
There are strict guidelines that you must follow. You need to obtain a compulsory license from the publisher, and later you must pay the publisher. On SoundClick, cover songs must be in the 'cover songs' subgenre. Please see our solution center on licensing issues for more details.

Can I upload a remix?
Generally speaking, no. The only exception is if you have the written approval from both the owner of the original recording and the owner of the underlying musical composition. Tracks determined by SoundClick to be “pirated” recordings will be deleted immediately and the artist page subject to permanent deletion. Please see our solution center on licensing issues for more details.

Please note, not only are you responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions, licenses and consents prior to posting any content to SoundClick, you may be held liable for any and all costs and expenses (including legal fees) incurred by SoundClick as a result of your unauthorized use of copyrighted materials.

Where can I get get legal loops or samples I can use?
It's OK to use samples that are explicitly copyright free. So you are allowed to use beats from Making Waves, Total Ejay, or similar packages. If you're looking for loops or beats you can use, check out the category 'beats and instrumentals', where you can find beats for free or for sale.

Never upload material from bands and artists just because you like the song. You can be held liable for copyright infringement.

By uploading you agree to our Music Submission Agreement

THEN THE NEXT PAGE SAYS :
We offer you 2 different methods to get your music online
MP3 help
Robust Upload: upload from your computer
upload MP3 files of your band (from your computer). Upload time depends on your internet connection (5-15 minutes).

2) MP3 Slurp: copy from another internet site
copy your file from another internet location in lightning speed (1-4 minutes)!
Note: your mp3 must already exist somewhere on the Internet for this feature.

and

http://www.soundclick.com/solutioncenter/default.cfm?subOf=133

aghhhh I have a sore wrist now ...bugger why didn't I just copy and paste ?

Hope that helps

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 19/06/2006 7:48 am