Notifications
Clear all

Couple Of Newbie Audacity Questions

20 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

They suggest you use Lame, which is probably what you're doing with Audacity. The mixer for volume, FX and EQ is awesome. Espescially the volume fader which is far more precies then the one in audacity, and the reverbs, which can be tweaked real-time with Kristal.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Arjen, yes I am using Lame with Audacity but it is integrated and all you need to do is put the Lame dll in a path it knows. With Kristal I probably need to completely install Lame and run it through Lame separate correct? Or is there a way to intergrate with Ktistal that I can't find?

I would really like to get over to Kristal

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah I know, sorry for stating the obvious. No, it doesn't seem to be possible to directly encode it to mp3 in this version.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Thanks. Since I do really like Kristal and I can live with the size of the mixdown .wav files locally I will probably start using it more.

I just like to convert to MP3 for sharing of smaller and more universal files so I can do that through Audacity.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I am one happy camper.

I put Audacity as the preferred external editor in Kristal and if you right click on a track you can open that track in Audacity at which point I just do the export to mp3 and I am good to go.

That works for 1 track but if you want to do a full mix all that I have to do is open the mix down in Audacity. I also found tons of free mp3 to wav and wav to mp3 utilities that work well also.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2