Clear all

Drum track help

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm trying to create a backing track for Jason Mraz's "I'm yours". I need to lay out a drum track and i'm planning to use HammerHead or something similar. I tried experimenting a bit, but I'm totally lost as i have no clue about drumming :lol:

I couldn't find a drum tab either, so i need a bit of help on getting it created. Here's the song and the drum kicks in around 1:10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHTsc9PU2A

Seems like a consistent beat, can someone help me transcribe one measure? I'll loop the rest. Grazie!

PS: It's been more than a year since i posted here,life happened. :lol: Hi to ya all.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Hi there. I don't know the song, but I did find a MIDI file that seems credible, so hopefully this can tide you over:
http://www.box.net/shared/jnqmpbhiyq
It's a zip archive containing 2 files:
The percussion track (it's got congas as well) iso'd in my DAW, assigned a kit and exported as a 192 k/b mp3 audio file (starts at beginning of track so you don't hear anything for a minute or so)
and
Just the percussion as a midi file. Any drum programming software should be able to import a MIDI file, so you can bring it in and play around with different kits. In case your drum track software doesn't twig to it: BPM is 76.
Hope that helps.
:)
I just set up the box.net account; let me know if you have any trouble d/l'ing.

Don

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I just set up the box.net account; let me know if you have any trouble d/l'ing.

With the username boxboy, I thought you created box.net! :D

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi there. I don't know the song, but I did find a MIDI file that seems credible, so hopefully this can tide you over:
http://www.box.net/shared/jnqmpbhiyq
It's a zip archive containing 2 files:
The percussion track (it's got congas as well) iso'd in my DAW, assigned a kit and exported as a 192 k/b mp3 audio file (starts at beginning of track so you don't hear anything for a minute or so)
and
Just the percussion as a midi file. Any drum programming software should be able to import a MIDI file, so you can bring it in and play around with different kits. In case your drum track software doesn't twig to it: BPM is 76.
Hope that helps.
:)
Thanks much boxboy. The drum track sounds great but somehow doesn't fit in with the rhythm guitar strumming pattern.
I don't know if it's just my ear. So i'm trying to change my rhythm guitar track now. :lol:
But it's great help to be able to just listen to the drum track. Much appreciated.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote