Clear all

Go big or go home

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Got a bug to record a particular song on Sunday. Since my wife and 2 of the kids are out of town at the moment, I had time to do quite a bit of work on it. Unfortunately, my oldest son works from home at night and he works in the same room I record in, so he has put a bit of a cramp in my recording since then. I will hopefully to get to work on vocals tomorrow during the day. This might be the most tracks I've had in a project. Currently have: 1 drum, 1 bass, 1 ukelele, 1 mandolin, 3 electric guitars, 2 acoustic guitars and 4, probably end up with 5 vocal tracks. This one involves singing 4 or 5 different parts, which will definitely be a challenge, 1 part I know I will not be able to do justice. You'll just have to wait til I release it to find out which song I'm covering.

Bass player for Undercover

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I like big projects. It's the most effective way for me to learn what I can about the whole environment.

Gonna makes us wait, eh? Fortunatly for me, I am easilty distracted. :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yea, this is great practice because I've always tended to play guitar parts best suited for 1 person playing by themselves. When you record, you can split that up and blend and layer things. The producer of this particular song was a genius at layering several different guitar sounds into a solid sound. I'm wanting to work on that style instead of my typical rhythm guitar + lead + bass + drums + vocals.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote