Skip to content
What in the world a...

Notifications
Clear all

What in the world am I doing wrong now??

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallscottw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok...
I took a guitar cord, plugged it into my amps 'Emulated Line-out and headphones' jack then plugged the other end into my computer's line-in jack using a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Then I plugged my guitar into my amp and turned the amp on. Then I loaded up Kristal Audio Engine, and set the Mixer's Audio Input 1 to 'waver'
Then... I clicked record and noticed that nothing at all is working. My amps volume is on, but the amp isnt making a sound, my computers speakers volume is on but their not making a noise.. uhh my guitar volume is on but its not making a noise. Infact the music bars that indicate loudness or whatever aren't even moving. they're just laying flat. What am i doing wrong??

"You're a God among insects. Never let anyone tell you differenately." -Magneto, XMen

(@margaret)
Noble Member

Just one idea....if you're using an adapter, it may matter whether it's a stereo adapter or mono adapter.

I've forgotten the details, but when I was first trying to get my guitar into the soundcard, I had the same problem with no sound. Switching adapters solved it, if I remember correctly.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@marshallscottw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wow.. once again, thank you very very much Margaret. I assume you bought the same bundle pack that had like 4 adapters and one long cord thingy? there are two of the 1/4 tp 1/8 thingies, I guess I was using the wrong one. thank you!

"You're a God among insects. Never let anyone tell you differenately." -Magneto, XMen

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

So that did solve it?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote