Skip to content
Would this be a goo...

Notifications
Clear all

Would this be a good choice for a newbie?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kraco)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I want to get into recording but I know nothing about it. Would the unit below be a good choice for a newbie? Right now it would be used for one electric guitar and one mike, but I may use two of each in the future. I don't want to buy something thats too complicated, I'd like to get it up and running asap without too much trouble, at least the basics anyway. So, what do you guys think? Is there a better choice for someone new too this or will this work?

Also, if anyone has one of these can you tell me how you like it and if you would buy it again? Thanks!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mark-of-the-Unicorn-UltraLite-FireWire-Audio-Interface?sku=241880

(@quicksand)
Eminent Member

No offense, but if you just started recording, get a cheap piece of software and learn some stuff. But if you got the money go ahead, i am just saying there are cheaper ways to go about recording.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

yea, 550 seems a bit high for what it does versus what you need.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@kraco)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

No offense, but if you just started recording, get a cheap piece of software and learn some stuff. But if you got the money go ahead, i am just saying there are cheaper ways to go about recording.

No offense taken, thats why I asked. I seen stuff from $100.00 to well over $1000.00 so I thought this would be like the middle of the road so to speak. I'd be more then happy to spend less, do you have any suggestions? Are the $100.00 units good enough and will I have to get something better down the road? I don't need top of the line but I'd like to get something I won't grow out of in 6 months and have to replace it. What type are you using? That might help point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Thanks TwistedLefty!

Can you give me an idea as to what a newbie might start with?

Appreciate the input guys!

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Check this out. Same distro

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Omega-Desktop-Recording-Studio?sku=245505

And I paid $400 for mine! the price went down.

A good suggestion is to go directly to the manufacturers site and download the manuals.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@kraco)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Oenyaw!

I took a peak at your link and it looks interesting, I'll have a better look tonight when I get home.

I spent some time last night and this morning reading old post and there doesn't seem to be any (one) recorder that everyone agrees on. Which I guess is true for most things, but I didn't even get a feel for one being more popular then another. So I have a feeling this is going to be harder then I thought trying to find the right one.

So any input would be appreciated!

Thanks again!

ReplyQuote