Clear all

I have found the competition !!!

22 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

No its not that , i hate the site.The articles are as good as any bestseller can get , but i guess , forums don't even compare with GN.Its like you like something on one and take it , leave the other stuff out :)

Posted : 07/10/2005 10:53 am
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

How about this question?

Is guitarnoise your primary site for educational guitar related information?

The answer to that one is YES. Great site. Information presented clearly and understandably. Friendly people who either know what they are talking about or who sympathize with your learning journey. Easy on the eyes, a bit slow sometimes which I attribute to it's success.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

Posted : 30/10/2005 12:35 am
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

I knew you would come around Rahul. I have lurked at IBM a little but spend 99.9% of my time here. Very different site with very different personalities. I Just like to see what the other half is doing.

I have always liked Guitar Noise. Funny how you can get to know people in a long-distance kind of way. (Even though, I haven't PM'ed or get PM's, or go to seminars, or collaborate) There is a "spirit" of equality here, which is refreshing. (No internal, "I'm better that you cause I can play like Yngwie Malmsteen" thing happening here.)

I look forward to reading what certain individuals have to say about things, either because of their knowledge or experience, or their sense of humour and wit. And to see the interaction between people, all in good fun. It's nice to see new people post questions and opinions; and to see the quick and generous responses that come flooding in.

What amazed me initially about this site, was the thoughtful, well-designed layout; and the generosity of content. David Hodge's prolific number of lessons drew me in; and I have benefitted enormously. As well, I appreciated that many people have stepped up, and claimed ownership of this site; by their time and talent, they have become moderators of the forums, teachers, and advisors; and have guarded to preserve the welcoming ambience of Guitarnoise.com.

Early on, I strayed to other sites; but I know now that Guitarnoise is my home...

Cheers,
Ghost 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

Posted : 08/01/2006 8:45 pm
(@steves)
Estimable Member

I must have thirty or more non-tab oriented guitar sites bookmarked in my favorites. I visit them rarely. Occasionally I will follow a link someone posts here, think the site is good, go to bookmark and get the "bookmark exists" message. Others come and go, but GN is here to stay. So to answer Nick's question, yes, I spend most of my time and get most of my instruction right here at GN the best little guitar house on the web.

Steve

Posted : 09/01/2006 2:01 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Long time i had made this post.

Now when i have gained some maturity..i have found ibm and gn are different.None is good or bad if you really goto compare.

IBM is more about core theory ..they are not going to teach you songs there.But look at the awesome articles by gunharth randolf or eric vanderbarg...Just great.

And GN is a lot about playing the guitar really.Getting songs on the guitar , arranging them.Songwriting and other too.Its not really in the number of articles if you so..but its all what YOU can get from them , what you can learn new from them. (or unlearn any wrong ideas , habits , notions.)

Whenever GN servers go down , i goto ibm's forums and make random posts there.This should indicate you about the forum.No that does not mean their forums suck , infact they are nice too , but only on guitar.No informal conversations like 'smoking support' or 'weight loss' or 'ages and bdays' out there.

These are two sites having 2 different personalities and each is doing their job pretty well.

Rahul

Posted : 09/01/2006 3:31 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I love them both.....
It's a tie.

Should we add JS to the list?

Posted : 10/01/2006 2:06 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I love them both.....