2nd Bass Amp

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jakeman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello again,

My friend asked me if I could recommend him any bass amp to get. We' re in a sort of band were we just mess around with experimental effects and stuff. The problem was we could never hear him and he couldnt hear himself. He said his budget was around 150-170 GBP, not alot I know but there are some good little cube amps out there. The only one I could think of was somthing like a Roland Bass Cube 60, whcih at the shop he goes to are around 150 GBP.

Has anyone got any other suggestions. (Nothing 2nd hand or Rare as he wont be able to get it)

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I don't know about the Roland, but I know that my Fender Rumble 60 is plenty loud. I fill a 30'x50' church hall at volume 6 (out of 10), without even feeding through the church's PA system (though I have a DI box and can connect if needed.) Our drummer plays behind a plexi screen, but even if he didn't I'd just turn it up a couple of notches to be heard over him. Now, it seems this hall must have excellent acoustics, but the fact remains that I can be heard throughout with just a little 60-watter. And I've gotten nothing but compliments regarding the sound.

If that's not enough power for you, the Fender Bassman 100 is an excellent step up from the Rumble series, and has a tilt-back cabinet (nice feature!) and an XLR line-out with level control for connecting directly to a PA. I didn't see this when I was shopping, but probably would have gotten this one instead just for the added conveniences.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote