Clear all

Atomic Amplifier OPINIONS PLEASE!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i am seriously digging these atomic amplifiers. I am thinking of pairing one with a vox tonelab modeler. What I want to know is if anyone on these forums owns one. And could you give me an opinion on them.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

i am seriously digging these atomic amplifiers. I am thinking of pairing one with a vox tonelab modeler. What I want to know is if anyone on these forums owns one. And could you give me an opinion on them.

Basically the Atomic amp is a tube power amp/speaker combo that uses the modeler as a pre amp. I don't have the Atomic, but my preferred way of running my Tonelab SE is straight into the power amp in of either of my tube amps - which is the same thing you're doing with the Atomic.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

This looks like an interesting amp. Atomic Reactor 112 Tube Amplifier Slave (18 Watts, 1x12 in.) 18 watts, all-tube Class A/B power. 1x12AX7A and 2 x EL84 power tubes. Other than replacing the speaker with maybe a Celestion G12-M70 or even a Greenback rather than the stock rated speaker. The Celestions would break up sooner and have a better response. You could perhaps get some saturation from the amp combined with a tweaked/dialed in effects unit and have a great tone.

Joe

ReplyQuote