Clear all

Behringer ACX1000 Acoustic Amp V-amp2

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Just picked one up still trying to get my sound.

Anyone have any favorite setting they would like to share?

Also I have tried Berhingers V-Amp 2. I liked it alot, but didn't like it when I played it through Peavy amp, SM-130, I think the peavy was like overdistorting the sound. I am thinking on trying the V-Amp 2 into the Behringer ACX1000 (witch is a full range speaker with Vocal channel)
Any thoughts?

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

“Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever.”

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Modelers in accoustic amps can really work very well. If you are using the peavey, don't send the v-amp into the input of the amp, send it into the FX return, poweramp in, or slave-in plug. By skipping the internal preamp you'll keep the pure v-amp sound.

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Modelers in accoustic amps can really work very well. If you are using the peavey, don't send the v-amp into the input of the amp, send it into the FX return, poweramp in, or slave-in plug. By skipping the internal preamp you'll keep the pure v-amp sound.

Tried that when I had V-Amp connected into Peavy(Bypassed Cabinet settings) i Think the Peavy (even on the clean channel had to much distortion) I did line the V-amp 2 into my PA system and it sounded excellent, but I wanted a simple setup so I took back the V-Amp 2 and got the ACX1000 it has a built in Vocal channel and is full-range. That's all I need to play. If I go back and buy the Vamp-2 ( can get for only $100 again (I really liked all the diferent sounding setups you can get from the Vamp -2) and use that as an amp modeling and effects setup directly into the ACX1000 hopefully I will be able to be able to get a good sound.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

TT

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Tried that when I had V-Amp connected into Peavy(Bypassed Cabinet settings) i Think the Peavy (even on the clean channel had to much distortion) I did line the V-amp 2 into my PA system and it sounded excellent, but I wanted a simple setup so I took back the V-Amp 2 and got the ACX1000 it has a built in Vocal channel and is full-range. That's all I need to play. If I go back and buy the Vamp-2 ( can get for only $100 again (I really liked all the diferent sounding setups you can get from the Vamp -2) and use that as an amp modeling and effects setup directly into the ACX1000 hopefully I will be able to be able to get a good sound.
I hooked the V-amp 2 and lined it into the Aux input on my amp, Also lined in my laptop into the Aux in on the Vamp. Excellent sound. Very happy! Now I can still DJ with my laptop, have my acoustic with almost any effects I want, a vocal channel with effects built right into the amp, and still have another guitar channel for any extra player.

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

TT

ReplyQuote