Notifications
Clear all

Crate...My God!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@thatswhaticallactionphah)
Topic starter  

"NOTICE; This was an answer too the other tread, I made a mistake and it goed as a new topic. Sorry" First off. Crate aint made with quality, It aint made with the heart and the heart of other who buy there gear. I got a Crate GX-15R; That's the worst amp you can buy..! WHY you ask? First off; The RevertB sounds like somone is running there nails on a blackboard. (Accutaly that was a good description) Second..The overdrive; You just cant get somthing good in the middle with this, Either so mutch overdrive that it is mooshy sound, Or if you try to cut back on the dist the sound become DARK and just WRONG, AND DONT DONT D-O-N-T get me started on the Equalization; Cuz that just pure sucks. Crate have made a manual that goes with the amp, If you try to make a "new" sound it will coast you you're life in trying.!!!!! I have never liked these amps, I have never liked Crate. The only thing I can say is, Bad choice..

PS; As far as the "Knobs Dont Work" issue goes I can tell you forsure, Woulden't suprise me a bit...This sounds like crate in a nutshell..By a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (With tubes) NOW that's a AMP. !
Sincerly Reptainia.

Big gun kick the hell outta you!

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Every $10 practice amp sounds bad. Thats why you only pay a few bucks. Has nothing to do with who made them, just the fact that they are produced at low cost. It's like complaining your big mac wont win any awards for 'best food ever'. You pay virtually nothing, you get virtually nothing.

As for the knobs, use some contact spray, maybe that solves it. Certainly has nothing to do with the brand, those knobs should work.

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

I agree withg promedics:
Every $10 practice amp sounds bad. Thats why you only pay a few bucks. Has nothing to do with who made them, just the fact that they are produced at low cost. It's like complaining your big mac wont win any awards for 'best food ever'. You pay virtually nothing, you get virtually nothing.

I bought my Crate GFX-65 Watt amp 2 1/2 years ago for $350 and I love it. It sounds fine to me and all the EQ works and all that jazz It has very nice tones and hardly hums compared to many of the fenders and marshals I tried when picking my amp out (yeah I didn't believe that they did I was very surprised.) So you definitely do get what you pay for in most cases. So Crate does make very good amps.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote