Notifications
Clear all

Crate problem.

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@avengechaos)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, I own the Crate XT120R and rececntly its given me a problem. It has an extension speaker output that I use every now and then but just the other day it won't work at all unless I have the extension speaker connected. I havent pushed hard or dropped it or anything like that. This isnt a huge problem but I am curious to what is causing this. Is this something that I can fix myself or would I have to take it somewhere to get fixed? Thanks.

-Matt-

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I don't know what would cause that, but if it's fairly new, and under warranty, I'd take it back to were you purchased it & have them check it out.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Agreed. Sounds like a defect somewhere.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I had a crate amp. I was using it with an extension speaker. Worked fine for a year or so after I added the extension speaker, then the whole thing quit working. Now, I have the amp part of the combo sitting in a closet and am using the cab and speaker as a 1x12 cab for my Epi Valve Jr. head. I would also suggest, if it is still under warranty to send it back. If you are beyond your warranty use the parts that work for what you can use them for, like puul the amp out and use the speakers in the cab for an extension cab or a cab for a tube head. Just make sure the ohms match up.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Most likely the problem is in the speaker out jack. It's a shorting jack, and I'll bet when the plug for the external speaker's out, the shorting tab that reconnects the internal speaker isn't making full contact.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote