Notifications
Clear all

Speakers in question...

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@avengechaos)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, Im looking into buying some new speakers for my cab. The ones I have are just not that good. I play mostly hard rock and metal and play small gigs. Im looking for that modern metal tone without spending a fortune. Any suggestions? I've been looking at a few Celestions, and recommendations with Celestion? Thanks alot.

-Matt-

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Well, I have a Celestion G12T-75 and really like it. These are the speakers that Marshall has used in it's 1960A and B cabs for years. They are known for big bass, subdued mids, and good highs. They are perfect for that "scooped mids" tone.

The Celestion G12H30 is a great speaker known for huge low end.

And the Celestion Greenback is a great sounding speaker as well.

Try Avatar Speakers. I have bought a cab and speakers from them several times. Excellent service and the best price around. I get nothing out of recommending them, just got great service and a good product. The G12T-75 was around $99 everywhere I looked, got it at Avatar for $69. Made me happy.

Avatar's Celestions are made in China. But so are the Celestions you order from Musician's Friend and most other chains. You will have to pay a lot more to get a Celestion manufactured in England. These China speakers are just as good.

Also check out Scratch and Dent, you can find some bargains.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@avengechaos)
Topic starter  

Thanks alot Wes...that has helped me out alot!

ReplyQuote