Clear all

Decisions, Decisions....

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@wishiwasthebest)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well, taking Wes's suggestions from a previous thread, asking about effect loop switchers and all this fancy stuff, really got me thinking. Im only 16, I dont need to spend my next 5 yrs worth of money on a fancy rig of rack mounts, pedals, switchers...ok, ill stop rambling.

basically,
im looking at multi-effect processors. after spending the last couple hours looking at reviews sound samples, etc, I decided to come to the people i can trust. So far, I have the list to 3.

1> ToneWorks AX3000G
Had great reviews, fairly new product, and I trust the name. I have a toneWorks PXR4 (4 track recorder) and I love the sounds i can get out of that thing. The audio demoof it sounded fantastic.

2>Boss GT-8
Great reviews, and something was said that perked my ears. They said that it sounds much better not going though an amp, rather a stage monitor. Which, if (massive and humongus if), that would free up space in the van by not having to take my half stack cab n head, and my pedal board. Just guitar, monitor, this pedal. interesting thought.

3> Line6 POD XT LIVE

Decent reviews. thats about all.

I am looking for a pedal that I can get great sounds, gig usable, jsut a great pedal.

The ability to record on it is not necessary.

So do any of u guys have one of these? played through em? thoughts opinions etc....or another pedal to look at?

Anywho, thanks in advance!

RIP Dimebag

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

My bet would be Vox Tonelab SE for the modeling. Sounds extremely convincing and offers plenty of variety. Carries a nice selection of effects and stompboxes. Line6 offers more but IMHO not always of great quality. They are the best for heavy distorted sounds. I've no experience with the GT8 but with the previous GTs (3,5 and 6) I always thought their effects rocked and modeling sucked. The Korg is basically to me a cheap Tonelab. The entire digital preamp in the Vox is designed by Korg and the Valvetronix circuitry Vox added to it really works wonders.

What you could consdider is getting the Tonelab and spending the money you saved on an external 19" rack effects unit. I use a Behringer V-amp with a Boss GX700 but would trade it for a Vox Tonelab and Behringer DSP2024P without hesitating.

Vox Tonelab SE
Behringer DPS2024P

Note that the Behringer is mostly for the rarer effects that you cannot find in single stompboxes. The basic effects every multi-effect has are perfectly covered in the Vox, check out their samples.

Oh, recording is easy with any of these, just plug a cable from the MFX unit to your soundcard and click record in whatever program you use.

ReplyQuote