Clear all

doing a upgrade want opinions

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I'm upgrading my amp rack... I am looking into Yamaha power amps because they are designed around the Club speakers. Not sure on the power though........i've never had a lot of headroom and I would love some. so give me some advice

I'm looking at either the 3500, 5000, or 7000. I need one for subs and one for amps, my thinking is either (2) 5000's or one 5000 one 7000 or one 35oo and 5000...

Speaker specs. 12" are 8ohms 350rms 750peak
18" subs 8ohms 600rms 1200 peak

Remember now I want headroom. I think 2 5ooo's should do it i won't even have to turn them half way up....
plan on running subs in mono so i'll bridge one amp...

So give me some suggestions, I love these amps i've heard them and seen them and their awesome wish I could buy one of each...

BTW go check out the Swap meet some gear for sale: :D LOL... 2amps, and 2 mixers

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok if you check out my swap meet the 2 amps are gone. Now someone please go buy those 2 mixer boards.

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok amps are back for sale i thought i sold them to a band but they were poor like most of us musicians... so here is the once in a life time deal.

2 Nady XA900 power amps
1 24 Channel Behringer board (one bad channel)
1 4 channel Mixer
1 Behringer b1800x sub

Total 600.00 OBO

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oh my that is a good deal. But I'm not in the market. I gather there aren't any bands around with money. Have you checked with the local schools? A lot of auditoriums need an upgrade. I've helped with upgrades around here a couple of times.

ReplyQuote