Clear all

Effect pedals

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@randmanq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

effect pedals confuse me. i dont know the difference between things like multi-effect processor/chained effect generator/ect.. and how they sound different, the different sounds they make, ect. can anyone anyone help?

It's All we could hope for

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

short version:

stompboxes are single effect pedals. they can be hooked up together to create a pedal train. they can be mounted to a board for ease of set up.

a multi effects processor is either a rack mounted device or a pedal board device. they generally have amp simulation and single effect simulation.
some you can have several effects on at once; similar to a stompbox pedal train.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

really short answer..........v-amp 2

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@randmanq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

this actually helps allot and im also confused about some multi effect pedals, do they have different channels? like different preset settings you can toggle through with a pedal? also can you hook a multi effect pedal with other stomp boxes to make a chain? how do you switch through sounds? thanks

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Probably the best thing to do would be to pick up a Digitech RP80 or something similar with a foot pedal and play around with it to get a feel for the sounds and what you like.

Later on you can add a danelectro equalizer to make things sound even better and give you more control.

I started with an RP80 and now have a Vox Tonelab that produces some real nice tones. That is where it excels with a les paul. All the other stuff it is useless for in my opinion. Anything with distortion all sounds the same to me.

In the end we will all have a room full of stuff for doing different things. When I buy new toys I try to sell off what I am not using anymore. Helps to pay for the new toys too. :D

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@randmanq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

can i hook up multi effect pedals with stomp boxes?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

this actually helps allot and im also confused about some multi effect pedals, do they have different channels? like different preset settings you can toggle through with a pedal?

Yes they have different channels and yes, you toggle through them. Each channel provides a different sound. Go to your local guitar store as you can test them before you buy them.

Yes you can use multi-effects with individual stomp boxs in your chain, and as you can see here V, I do.

ReplyQuote
(@randmanq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the help, do all the cables come with the pedals?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Sorry, no they don't. Quality = Quality, so I would invest in quality cables. Planet Waves and Pro Line get my vote for decent quality cables.

ReplyQuote