Electric Acustic amps ?

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Electric Acustic amps ?

Is there such a thing ? I am pretty much a noobie when it comes to equipment and what people tell me ..

I have a Fender Acustic - Electric guitar and I started thinking about a amp for it ...

Can anyone recommend a particular one or once you get to a certain level in quality they are pretty much simular ?

I have been told Marshall and Ashton make some nice amps but will my Fender sound sweet on them ?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Trev..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I really like Crate and Vox when it comes to electric-acoustic.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Ultrasound, Fishman, Genz Benz, Yorkville, and SWR are all top names in acoustic amps.

i have a Fishman loudbox performer 130w tri-amp.
it is a very nice amp for A/E or for micing an acoustic as it doubles as a PA as well

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I have a small Crate - CA 30S - and it's pretty decent. Take your guitar to a store & see if you can try some out. The nice thing is, if you get an amp, you can get effects pedals too! 8) Chorus, EQ, Delay, oh yeah, a whole new world of GAS! :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Dan I was planning on takeing the Fender with me when I went in I was chaseing some info first thanks mate ..

Twisted I aint ever heard of some of them .. Is the quality ok with those brands I suppose they would be since you mentioned them { sorry }

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i did quite a bit of research and decided on the
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-CA125DG-Telluride-125W-Acoustic-Amp-with-DSP?sku=487789

however when they pulled the order in the warehouse they discovered that it was out of stock and the manager gave me a choice of waiting or choosing a more expensive amp for my trouble.
Luckily i live near the MF in KC MO. so i upgraded to this for the same price at a savings of over $150 8)

check out the websites on some of the names i listed and you will find quite a few pro artists who can afford anything are using these brands. i know they probably sign sponsership deals but i doubt most would take a chance on a live show with gear they didn't believe in.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

My mentor has one of these SWR Blonde amps that I play through now and again.

It is a REALLY good sounding amp, and I highly recommend taking a look at 'em.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feed back guys

Really appreciated

Thanks

Trev.....

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Don't go too cheap. I have a Guitar Research ( I think was a brand Sam Ash had). It is okay, but, it always seems to have reverb going, even if I don't want reverb. All the brands Twisted mentioned are good. That Fishman he has is quite nice. They seem to specialize in acoustic ampification, either with amps or pre-amps for Acoustic-electrics. Let us know what you get.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I surely will let everyone know what I buy but I am not going to rush into buying one just yet I am still doing my homework on what I want verseing what I need ..

I won't be buying anything on the cheap side anymore if I can't afford good quality then I will wait till I can I have made up my mind I won't be settling for something I am not totally happy with if it costs a sh1t load to feed my desire for GAS then sh1t loads I will spend ..

{ looks over shoulder pheww no Mrs about }

ReplyQuote