Clear all

G-system, Eventide Eclipse or Fireworx?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sach_160)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

Armed with nothing but google and a headache, I think I've decided to go for one of these 3... either an eclipse and a foot controller or a g-system, or maybe even a tc fireworx... (live into a vox ac15 and studio use for guitar).

Does anyone have an idea of what the benefits of one over the other are, or is there a clear winner here? I'd like a unit I can explore and find/make new sounds - particularly haunting sounds! - but something not too user unfriendly and techie only...

One thing I'm worried about is that I hear the eclipse is quite hard to use - is this true?....also i hear that neither have good distortion/fuzz which is a shame - are there any similar rack units also with great distortion or best to just stick to pedals for that?

Any comments would be really appreciated, cheers

sache ( http://www.myspace.com/timespacerepeat )

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and welcome to guitanoise.

All those units are great sounding. To me I look at were in the signal chain its going to be placed. I get the my tone first then effects post. How I get my tone first is by overdrving a 100 watt all tube power amp into a dummyload, then use line outs to other units. I also use many equalizers to bracket everything. The Equalizers are a must when you want control of your signal chain.

Joe

ReplyQuote